Things to do in Cozumel

BubbleGum14EB

HOWDY y'all!!! A group of 7 other people and I are going on the Ecstasy in May 2006. Our ports of call are Cozumel and Playa del Carmen/Calica. A couple of other people and I are going horseback riding in Playa del Carmen. However, we have no clue what to do in Cozumel. A few in our group are going to Chankanaab to do the swimming with dolphins. Since I have already been to Chankanaab twice before and done the dolphine swim already, I really don't want to go there again. I was thinking of just going snorkeling but I've done that many times as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for activities to do that are not with the ship? Thanks and Gig'em!

~Elizabeth

Ecstasy 2006

EF Tour to Germany 2005

EF Tour to Scotland/England 2004

Holiday 2003

Inspiration 2002

Ecstasy 2000

Elizabeth, you sure have come to the right place to find answers! Have you been to Paradise Beach? That is a fun place to go. We went there for a few hours and then went on a snorkeling tour where we saw a lot more sealife than we did from the beach last time we were there.

Here are some of our pictures. It WAS before the last hurricane. http://community.webshots.com/album/536739246hJVpHx

I am sure others will post ideas.

Have a great time, no matter what you decide to do.

Rent a car or hire a taxi for the day. You will probably want the get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com It is the best $8 you can spend getting ready for a visit to Cozumel.

Start your tour by driving south down the west side of the island. Stop at a couple of beach clubs along the way. I like Paradise Beach club and Playa Palancar.

Continue around the southern tip of the island and back up the East side. Stop at one of the deserted sandy beaches and beach comb for shells, or stop at Playa Bonita and play in the water. It is sheltered there, so it is safer to swim there.

Be sure to stop at Coconuts to donate a t-shirt and have some tacos. It has the best view of the island since it is on the highest point of land on the island, which isn't really saying all that much.

Continue up the east side until you get to Mezcalitos. Visit the "Naked Beach" and take your photo by the sign.

Head back across the island to town. Stop at Cozumel mini-golf for a round and a sangria. If you have time, eat dinner in town. I can recommend a restaurant if you are interested.

This should take you most of a day.

Bruce's Cozumel Photo Gallery]

Is ALL of that open yet? Or even by May..I read that some of those roads are STILL under water...

Paradise Beach is fun.If your going to be there awhile and do a lot of drinking,or want a buffet included,Playa Mia has an all inclusive..There are "toys on these beaches that you can use for a small fee.Think Paradise charges $8.

I love just walking around shopping.Or eating..Panchos Backyard has great food and some really good 'ritas!

THey use to have a really nice putt putt that was a lot of fun,and beautiful grounds..Im not sure how they fared after the hurricane.

Also,if your into a massage,you can get one right on the beach.Ive never had one but heard Cozumel Sally is wonderful! Ive heard ppl say they skip the ones on the ship and go straight to the beach!

Some ppl go to Xcaret from Cozumel,but I wouldnt..but,we had a great time there this past October leaving from Playa Del Carmen..

Cosumel needs your money! Im sure you will have fun! :) Dot

Archived