Caribbean Princess Aft B751

Jonibme

We are Elite level and feeling very silly right now. :o:oWe have always enjoyed the wake view so when we decided on the 14 day Circle Caribbean itinerary and there was an aft cabin available I grabbed it and made my deposit much larger than required and went to bed that evening smiling and dreaming about sunset wake departures from Caribbean ports... then the next morning I went to look at my reservation again and that cabin is listed as having a "Premium" balcony but it is also listed as "Obstructed view"? I am about to make my final payment (we are on the 11/25/18 sailing) and I am just wondering how "obstructed" this view really is? I have googled thousands of images of the aft view of the CB but it is impossible to tell any details about this balcony...

I thought I might roll the dice and see if any of you fellow "Cruise Critics" might have first hand experience with this cabin? Don't get me wrong - we will have an awesome trip no matter what because that's how we roll - but if I am going to make a change it is going to cost me and I better do it sooner rather than later!

Thanks in advance!

We are Elite level and feeling very silly right now. :o:oWe have always enjoyed the wake view so when we decided on the 14 day Circle Caribbean itinerary and there was an aft cabin available I grabbed it and made my deposit much larger than required and went to bed that evening smiling and dreaming about sunset wake departures from Caribbean ports... then the next morning I went to look at my reservation again and that cabin is listed as having a "Premium" balcony but it is also listed as "Obstructed view"? I am about to make my final payment (we are on the 11/25/18 sailing) and I am just wondering how "obstructed" this view really is? I have googled thousands of images of the aft view of the CB but it is impossible to tell any details about this balcony...

I thought I might roll the dice and see if any of you fellow "Cruise Critics" might have first hand experience with this cabin? Don't get me wrong - we will have an awesome trip no matter what because that's how we roll - but if I am going to make a change it is going to cost me and I better do it sooner rather than later!

Thanks in advance!

I just boarded today and will try to look at your cabin. However, I just found a blurb from someone who had it on a prior cruise, so here is what you don't want to see: Evidently there is blockage by a large beam

About a month before sailing I was on cruisecritic and asked if anyone

knew about this cabin. Turns out that B750 is the twin to B751 and

there were pictures of the obstruction. Turns out that it is not such

a minor obstruction, IMO it is rather major and makes it impossible to

use the balcony as we had planned to use it.

We have sailed in its twin B750 and were pleased. I offer two caveats: 1.) We booked the cabin as part of an upsell and therefore felt we paid a fair price for an aft view obstructed. 2.). I’m not much of a sunbather so enjoyed sitting in the covered section with a book.

Views from the room are compromised by the beam, but when you go out on the balcony it has two areas basically. The covered section is first, then the beam, then a small section in the sun front and center on the rail. It holds two chairs for sunset drinks, but not much more. Majority of the space is in the covered area behind the beam.

You still get the sound of the wake to lull you to sleep. I know I found some pictures of it online when I booked it. I’ll look and update if I find them again.

You still get the sound of the wake to lull you to sleep. I know I found some pictures of it online when I booked it. I’ll look and update if I find them again.

This thread has a picture showing the beam and space in front clearly. It doesn’t show the size of the covered area well though— and I remember that being surprisingly large.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428240&highlight=Princess+b750

Views from the room are compromised by the beam, but when you go out on the balcony it has two areas basically. The covered section is first, then the beam, then a small section in the sun front and center on the rail. It holds two chairs for sunset drinks, but not much more. Majority of the space is in the covered area behind the beam.

Thank you! There is only the 2 of us and I am the sunbather of the 2... maybe I can still make due in that small front uncovered space. (yn) We wanted it more for enjoying the sound of the wake as we go to sleep at night, room service sunset dinners, enjoying the wake departures etc... We never invite anyone to join us in our cabin so I am not worried about people space for more than 2...

This thread has a picture showing the beam and space in front clearly. It doesn’t show the size of the covered area well though— and I remember that being surprisingly large.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428240&highlight=Princess+b750

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know. It does look a bit crowded but we can probably make due!

Congratulations on getting a wonderful aft balcony.! We always book the aft cabins because of the lovely views & minimal people traffic plus spacious balcony.

If you Google “balcony image of Caribbean Princess B751” you’ll see many good pictures of your stateroom. The ones from Cruisedeckplan are the best but you need to pay for membership in order to see the pics on their website. Google images have many free pics.

Search on Google for the identical B750 pictures under images, you’ll see exactly how the view is obstructed by the beam in the middle of the balcony. It doesn’t really affect your view if you sit in the front part of the balcony. No need to switch it IMO.

We were on the CP 2 weeks ago & had a great time! Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk