Just booked Explorer for Bermuda - tell me what to expect please!

Well after a long debate, we're going to give Royal Caribbean another shot. The last time we sailed on Royal Caribbean was several years ago on Nordic Empress to Bermuda. Once again, we're heading to Bermuda in May and giving Royal Caribbean another chance to win us over. We know Bermuda by heart - so no surprises should be in store. What can we expect on the ship? We booked a Junior Suite on Deck 10.

Any info - such as things not to miss, best items on dinner menu, etc...things of that nature would be appreciated.

Also, seeking info on the Spa - prices, when to book, etc

Lastly, I would you kindly tell me the price of adult soda cards, if there is anything like an adult drink card for alcohol....and is there an adults only pool?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Well after a long debate, we're going to give Royal Caribbean another shot. The last time we sailed on Royal Caribbean was several years ago on Nordic Empress to Bermuda. Once again, we're heading to Bermuda in May and giving Royal Caribbean another chance to win us over. We know Bermuda by heart - so no surprises should be in store. What can we expect on the ship? We booked a Junior Suite on Deck 10.

Any info - such as things not to miss, best items on dinner menu, etc...things of that nature would be appreciated.

Also, seeking info on the Spa - prices, when to book, etc

Lastly, I would you kindly tell me the price of adult soda cards, if there is anything like an adult drink card for alcohol....and is there an adults only pool?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

The difference between Nordic Empress and Explorer is amazing. The Promenade is like a small shopping mall with bars , stores and the Promenade Cafe (great place for coffe and snacks). There are more pools , bars , and jacuzzi's. THere's a rock climbing wall, ice skating, inline skating and mini golf. Explorer has great alternative dining (Portofino's or Johnny Rockets both are extra charges but worth it). There are more balcony rooms than Nordic . There is the helipad where you can stand on the front of the ship and admire the view, can't do this on Nordic. There is a solarium pool and jacuzzi that is adults only. The soda card is $6 a day plus tax and tip. There is no adult drink package unless you go with a large group and they work something out with RCCL.

Beef tenderloin is great, seafood pasta, lobster where wonderful. Any thing in Portofino's is exceptional (especially the flourless chocolate cake). Never went to the spa so can't help you there. ooooh Had fried Mahi Mahi and it was really good too. Hope this helps

Hi,

We did this ship for our first cruise. It's a great ship. I also did the Empress of the Seas to Bermuda after the redo. Even though I did not take the Explorer to Bermuda I loved it enough to take the Voyager to Bermuda. If you like Escargot it's fantastic. They also do a warm onion tart as an appitizer which is especially good. Don't forget to see the ice show. Tickets are on a first come first serve basis and you do have to stant in line to get them unless you have a concierge. My husband is partial to the chili cheese fries served in Johnny Rockets. JR does have a surcharge but it's worth it if you like 50's diners food. The spa prices run high, as expected, a 60 minute massage runs about $120. You can get it cheaper if you book while the ship is in port. Take the spa tour the first few hours when you get on the ship and they usually offer you first dibs and usually you get first shot at discounted times. Also if you signed up for Crown and Anchor Club since you sailed with RC before they will put a coupon book in your cabin which can be used for a spa treatment. If you are a wine drinker check out the wine packages. Five bottle are offered at a 20% discount.

Hope this helps.

Amy

Archived