X's web site...not the best.

Danno

Being in Canada we are required to have everything in place before we head to the US...no problem, rules are rules. So online check in has to be done in advance...I like to do it well in advance then if there's any snags, we're not boxed in by a tight time frame.

We are taking another couple along, newbies, so we want to get together with them and make sure this is done right...we don't need any grief at the pier.

The problem is, everytime we get together the "page is unavailable at this time"...I am finding X's site hard to navigate, and VERY unreliable...anyone else finding this to be a problem??

Dan.... I spent some time last night on Carnival's website. It is really poorly done. I don't understand why such a successful company doesn't have a top notch website.

I have seen little glitches with Celebrity, but usually they are fixed pretty quick. I will say that Celebrity's site looks very professional.

I've had a lot of problems with the website, especially when i go in to access my reservations. First it tells me I have no reservations (I have 3) then it tells me to put my information in if I have my booking number. I do that and it immediately takes me back to the screen telling me I have no reservations!:mad: It is very frustrating!

Terri

I've seen a lot of improvements from when I first started using it... but, there are indeed some holes...

I spent (waisted) about 30 minutes on the phone with their tech support, to no avail...

Keep in mind, they share the same reservation system with RCCL... so, in essence you are using RCCL's site.

I've found it to be sporatic ... especially the shore excursions site.

I've been on the line twice with Celebrity and finally was helped to figure out what was wrong. I am doing a b2b next month and when I try to "customize" my reservation and then print my express pass, I given a message that since I'm doing a b2b I have to call customer service to access my reservations. I called the Captain's Club and he sent me to the back to back department (yes, there is one). The lady there helped me through and I found out that aol didn't allow me to access the reservation. I logged out of aol and went onto Microsoft Explorer and lo and behold, there I was and everything was available to me. Other than this, I've found the C website to be okay.

Each time these folks come over we share a bottle of wine...some snacks...so far 3 bottles of wine, and we haven't been successful yet :D.

But look at all the great conversation you have, sharing all that wine!!!! That's a GOOD thing!!!!

Each time these folks come over we share a bottle of wine...some snacks...so far 3 bottles of wine, and we haven't been successful yet :D.

Hi Dan !

All I have to say to you is .......... <HICCUP> !!!!!!! :)

But look at all the great conversation you have, sharing all that wine!!!! That's a GOOD thing!!!!

No question!! I would just like to see this task done...all in time I guess.

I've been on the line twice with Celebrity and finally was helped to figure out what was wrong. I am doing a b2b next month and when I try to "customize" my reservation and then print my express pass, I given a message that since I'm doing a b2b I have to call customer service to access my reservations. I called the Captain's Club and he sent me to the back to back department (yes, there is one). The lady there helped me through and I found out that aol didn't allow me to access the reservation. I logged out of aol and went onto Microsoft Explorer and lo and behold, there I was and everything was available to me. Other than this, I've found the C website to be okay.

I'm not on a b2b:(, but I am on AOL and I wonder if it's part of the problem. I'm going to try going in through Internet Explorer and see if that helps. Thanks for the info

Terri

Being in Canada we are required to have everything in place before we head to the US...no problem, rules are rules. So online check in has to be done in advance...I like to do it well in advance then if there's any snags, we're not boxed in by a tight time frame.

We are taking another couple along, newbies, so we want to get together with them and make sure this is done right...we don't need any grief at the pier.

The problem is, everytime we get together the "page is unavailable at this time"...I am finding X's site hard to navigate, and VERY unreliable...anyone else finding this to be a problem??

Their web site hasn't been as "available" since they revamped it in December '04, the new design isn't as friendly as it was back then, and they STILL have bugs on that site that have been there, unremedied, since December '04 (e.g., trying to book shore excursions from "My Celebrity"). It's not a Canadian thing. It's an equal opportunity annoyance. It seems more of a "Well, it mostly works most of the time" RCI I.T. Department thing.

I've had a lot of problems with the website, especially when i go in to access my reservations. First it tells me I have no reservations (I have 3) then it tells me to put my information in if I have my booking number. I do that and it immediately takes me back to the screen telling me I have no reservations!:mad: It is very frustrating!

Terri

Terri,

If you have any kind of a group booking it will not allow you to put it in the my reservations page. You can go to online check-in and type in the number and name and your reservation will come up. Sometimes you don't even know that you are in a group booking with your TA.

Terri,

If you have any kind of a group booking it will not allow you to put it in the my reservations page. You can go to online check-in and type in the number and name and your reservation will come up. Sometimes you don't even know that you are in a group booking with your TA.

Ma Bell is correct - I had the same experience online as did Terri. I'm part of a "group booking" the TA did for a good price - I have successfully done online check-in, documentation, and printed Express Boarding passes for us (and did the process for friends traveling with us online on a different day - again no problem.) You just can't play around with it under "my reservations."

Archived