How is the noise on Horizon on Deck 9 below Buffet?

mickeyhereicome

Booking 2 balcony cabins on the Horizon and for the cabin of 2 only deck 6 and 9 are available. I am trying to get side by side cabins but the only ones available would be below the sitting area of the buffet. Do you hear anything? Chairs moving or stuff being dropped? We always book cabins with rooms above and below us. I don't like deck 6 because the balcony will be right above bbq or steakhouse.

Booking 2 balcony cabins on the Horizon and for the cabin of 2 only deck 6 and 9 are available. I am trying to get side by side cabins but the only ones available would be below the sitting area of the buffet. Do you hear anything? Chairs moving or stuff being dropped? We always book cabins with rooms above and below us. I don't like deck 6 because the balcony will be right above bbq or steakhouse.

That is why deck 9 is available , not a good place to be.

That is why deck 9 is available , not a good place to be.

Actually, we were deck 9 last year on the Breeze right under the buffet and I thought it was fine. Heard some chairs a few times? We loved being able to pop up the stairs to the pool or to get ice cream or whatever. We are staying on deck 9 again next month! It’s really convenient [emoji16]

I've booked below the Lido buffet on several ships. I like it because it is one floor up to Lido and you can take the stairs. Occasionally you do hear chairs being moved around but it is certainly not as annoying as people slamming doors or your neighbors making a party on their balcony.

I was just on the Horizon on deck 9 right under the buffet. I didn't hear anything. This is the second cruise where we were in a room right under the buffet. No noise on the Dream either. Loved being so close to the Lido.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Vista in cabin 9359 right under the walkway just inside the doors from Guy's burgers. We did hear some noise while we were awake. Mostly rumbling from rolling of carts. It was not too loud. We were never woken up while sleeping. We just booked Horizon for December and have another room booked on deck 9. This time it is closer to being under one of the deck bars.

We were on the Vista in cabin 9359 right under the walkway just inside the doors from Guy's burgers. We did hear some noise while we were awake. Mostly rumbling from rolling of carts. It was not too loud. We were never woken up while sleeping. We just booked Horizon for December and have another room booked on deck 9. This time it is closer to being under one of the deck bars.

This was exactly our experience as well being under the buffet. Rolling carts every once in a while, but only during the day time. It was not a big deal at all.