St. Maartin nude beaches?

My sister and I will be taking a cruise with 3 children 7, 10 & 12. St Maartin is one of the ports we will be stopping at and my TA advised me that there are nude beaches ?. Do any of you know which ones are nude and which ones are not? We have girls and a boy but neither need to see all that!! 😂

St Maarten - St Martin has a fairly relaxed attitude towards beach nudity. The island is the leading Caribbean destination for nudists, with Orient Beach an officialy sanctioned clothing optional beach.

Topless sunbathing is the norm almost everywhere, except at some resorts catering to a mostly conservative American clientèle.

There are a few nude beaches but be warned that all beaches may have topless women and men in speedos. Alll shapes and sizes and ages btw

Most of Europe is this way too. As a European I have seen most of the females in my family topless (even my grandmother). I am too American to go topless around my my kids but my kids have gone to many European beaches and carribean beaches that cater to Europeans since they were little and discussing it in advance with your kids is a good idea.

There are a few nude beaches but be warned that all beaches may have topless women and men in speedos. Alll shapes and sizes and ages btw

Most of Europe is this way too. As a European I have seen most of the females in my family topless (even my grandmother). I am too American to go topless around my my kids but my kids have gone to many European beaches and carribean beaches that cater to Europeans since they were little and discussing it in advance with your kids is a good idea.

Thanks for the info. While my children probably see too much already on TV, internet ect..i dont want to take my 7 year old daughter to a beach where a man will be completly nude

Thanks for the info. While my children probably see too much already on TV, internet ect..i dont want to take my 7 year old daughter to a beach where a man will be completly nude

Def stay away from orient beach. But prepared for teeny speedos on men and topless ladies.

Only the French side has nude beaches. We go to Divi Little Bay Beach. It is a great family beach with a pool area too, changing rooms, showers and a restaurant onsite. 10 minute taxi ride from the ship. I'm not a big ocean swimmer and can wade it 30 to 40 feet up to my waist. Happy sails.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

If your going to a beach stay OFF the French side of the island or if site seeing just stay on the dutch side.

Although we rather let our children see someone nude than some things they see on everyday TV at least that's our opium but to each there own.

On St Maartin, Orient Beach by Club Orient is the only nude sunbathing (there are a few minor other locations). On the French side, topless sunbathing is allowed, but that choice is up to the individuals. Most cruise passengers do not travel to the beaches on St Maarten other than Orient; and recently Baie Rouge access was significantly reduced. On the Dutch side topless sunbathing is not allowed but sometimes tolerated. You may encounter one or two in Mullet Bay or Kim Sha but they will not be the norm.

Depending on your reactions, your kids may be fine. They may not even notice, and if so they will probably be subdued. Its not like an "all inclusive" with rowdiness or 'girls gone wild'. Rather it is a normal thing. Talk to them before or after and let them know its not much different than a man without a shirt and it is certainly not a voyeurism or erotic experience.

Not all beaches on the French side are highly populated with nudity like Orient. I go to one every time I'm there but it requires a rental car. I've never seen nudity at this particular one and very few if any cruise passengers. For a newbie with kids, I wouldn't recommend renting a car. As someone recommended, Divi beach is your best bet.

When Club Orient was open before Irma hit, it was considered to be a family friendly resort, and will most likely stay the same when it returns. I'm pretty sure all of Orient Bay Beach is concerned family friendly on the beach.

It is simply up to the parents on what they think is best for their children.

Keep in mind, toplessness is allowed on the entire French side along the beaches, and the south portion of Orient Beach is clothing optional (full nude). Toplessness isn't permitted on the Dutch side, but from what I've read, isn't strictly enforced. People may or may not be told to cover up.

• Like 1

If your going to a beach stay OFF the French side of the island or if site seeing just stay on the dutch side.

Although we rather let our children see someone nude than some things they see on everyday TV at least that's our opium but to each there own.

We mostly were just concerned about the FULL nude beaches. We are aware that most tropical places we will run into the occasional topless gals. And considering americans mostly wear European style bikinis it cant be too much of a difference. Men and women walk around freely in Panama City Florida with thongs on :) my sister was mostly concerned about the young little girls we have seeing grown men fully nude. Thanks for the info!

On the Great Bay beach ( one across from the cruiseport in Phillipsburg) there were topless ladies so I guess they can be anywhere.

Very unlikely on the downtown Phillipsburg beach area and more likely seen on the resort hotels beach area on the west side of Great Bay direct across from the cruise ship docks.