Want 2 go 2 shrk/ray alley kids want monkey

freezone

I've been and can't recall seeing any monkeys out on the water going to shark ray alley. Just kidding, I know that isn't what you meant, but it's actually all water. Once you tender in to the tourist villiage, the boat for the shark ray alley tour is right there, and you don't even go out of the gates.

I went with several friends with children of all ages, and this was the highlight of their cruise. Ages were from 8 to 18 and they had the best time.

There might be a shorter shark ray alley snorkel that doesn't go to Caye Caulker, maybe you can find one just for the snorkel, then back to the tender area, then a taxi or vice versa. I did the full day one and there certainly wouldn't have been enough time to do both, but you may be able to find a 1/2 day.

Thank you so much for the response. I'll have a look to see if there are any shorter snorkel excursions. But just like kids now we have a change of heart and my DD is telling me she would rather do the shark/ray thing because all the boys in school will think her cool ?! So who knows. Who did you use for a tour operator for the full day snorkel and beach? And would you recommend it?

We used Eco Tours booked after we arrived at the tourist village last January. Very good operators, safety conscious, reasonable price. They held the stingrays for snorkelers to pet. Had to be careful when you jumped into the water so you didn't land on a shark or ray. Take a disposable waterproof camera, photos will be admired by all the kids friends. Buy them at Wal-Mart or other, also available on the ship at 2x price. Tour left about 10:30, snorkel through Coral Gardens then stop at Shark/Ray alley. Had about an hour on Caye Caulker to do as we pleased, then back with 1/2 hour or so to spare for the last tender for the 4:00 sailing. Choices were wander around the sand streets and small shops, snorkel from shore, or eat at one of the local restaurants on Caye Caulker.

We used Coral Breeze. Had quite a group of about 20+ of us so had the boat all to ourselves. I know you can find the info here on the board of their website, I'm afraid I don't have it handy. They were good, and we had young one's through adult age, and no one else, other than me and my family, had ever cruised before nor snorkeled before. Of course they were all apprehensive when I told them we were snorkeling with sharks their first time in the water, but there wasn't one who chickened out and everyone said it was their best day of the trip.

Went to another snorkel spot close to the barrier reefs and followed along a trail, then afterwards the rest of the time was spent in Caye Caulker on golf carts around the island. This ended up being most of the groups favorite day.

Thanks for the info decided on Coral breezes but having a hard time booking thru their website. Everytime I hit book it it kicks me out. Has anyone else had this same problem? And what did you do ? I e-mailed the tour group Tues 1/10 but haven't heard back?

are there any shorter tours to shark ray alley starting around 1 or 1:30?

already scheduled a cave-tubing tour and should be back by 11:30 or 12:30.

my ship is supposed to leave belize 1:30 but it's possible we might have an extra 4 hrs in belize (leaving 5:30) as a other port maybe changed.

Even if you had the extra hours, not sure this is possible to do, but someone else may be of better help on this. Ours was an all day affair, left the moment we got to port and had just a little time at the tourist villiage when we returned.

As for not being able to get through on the Coral Breeze site, I'm not sure. I think when we booked, as I booked for a group, I called. The guy who owns? it or manages, whichever, is in the U.S., so I just called the number. Might want to try that if all else fails?

Archived