ron jon cape caribe resort

My Mom and I took a tour of ron jons newest resort. It is very close to the port and was really nice. The pool area was amazing. We stayed at a condo called cape winds before we set sail. cape winds was a condo right on the beach with a pool only a few miles from the port.

• 8 months later...

Uh,,,not so sure about the Radisson being much nicer..Its ok..Granted...The pool and hot tub area are awesome...But also very crowded..We had a regular room,not a suite with the jacuzzi...But not real sure about having a hottub in the middle of the bedroom...Not with kids at least..

Our room was ok... little worn..But very very musty and wreaked of cig smoke..The property is ok..very tropical...But just seems like everything is a bit worn..I know its hard to keep things nice right on the coast...But most hotels and property in Galveston are much nicer..

A McDonalds across the street,and the dirtiest,rudest Subway next door,and a greek like family place..

Our wing of the hotel kept blowing a breaker Sunday morning..Made getting ready a real trick..Just an overall impression of trying real hard to cover-up a lot of short comings.

They have a great buffet there..The evening one I think would be best..The breakfast one I believe was close to 30 dollars pp..

Either property would be great for the pools....But I would consider that newer property (not that RONJONs is very old)..right next to Radisson..Embassy suites maybe...somethings like that..

Archived