take shore cruise ( 7 night) to get Diamond Status on longer cruise?

Cease1955

We just got off the Allure of the Seas on August 12 and had a lot of fun. We decided to treat our selves by staying in the Owner Suit. All I can say is " Oh my god, what a beautiful suite". Really enjoyed the Suite Lounge on Deck 14, used it a few times for dinner, and just relaxing and having a few drinks.

We decided to book our next cruise on the Explorer of the seas sailing out of Sydney on December 29, again staying in the Owners Suite.

We are currently Emerald with 66 points, 14 points away from Diamond. Started to think about booking a in between cruise on the Harmony of the seas November 18 cruise in the Junior Suit. That ship sales for 7 nights, with double points for being booked in a Jr. suite will give us the magical number of 80 points, Diamond Status for the Sydney cruise. My thoughts are that we would be able to enjoy both diamond as well as Suite perks such as Suite Lounge on deck 9, as well as the Diamond Club, not to mention the other perks that diamond status will give us. Big questions, is it worth paying the $2700.00 and change for the Caribbean in between cruise to get these perks.

Thank you for giving your opinions.

Chris Neville

You're asking if paying $2,700 is worth it to get access to the Diamond Lounge, a very limited 3-drink-freebie offer each day during about a 3-4 hour period, worth maybe $8 each at best, and a nudge up a waitlist for spa, shore excursions or dining room seatings, and an additional $100/cabin discount (on bookings made or price-adjusted after you reach the status) on balcony and higher cabins?

:)

We just got off the Allure of the Seas on August 12 and had a lot of fun. We decided to treat our selves by staying in the Owner Suit. All I can say is " Oh my god, what a beautiful suite". Really enjoyed the Suite Lounge on Deck 14, used it a few times for dinner, and just relaxing and having a few drinks.

We decided to book our next cruise on the Explorer of the seas sailing out of Sydney on December 29, again staying in the Owners Suite.

We are currently Emerald with 66 points, 14 points away from Diamond. Started to think about booking a in between cruise on the Harmony of the seas November 18 cruise in the Junior Suit. That ship sales for 7 nights, with double points for being booked in a Jr. suite will give us the magical number of 80 points, Diamond Status for the Sydney cruise. My thoughts are that we would be able to enjoy both diamond as well as Suite perks such as Suite Lounge on deck 9, as well as the Diamond Club, not to mention the other perks that diamond status will give us. Big questions, is it worth paying the $2700.00 and change for the Caribbean in between cruise to get these perks.

Thank you for giving your opinions.

Chris Neville

If you get suite benefits already, the additional benefits from being Diamond are pretty limited. There is nothing in the Diamond Club that is not also in the Suite Lounge although, on very rare occasions, the Diamond Club may have seating while the Suite Lounge is full. (More often, it is the other way around.) Diamonds do get to use their 3 happy hour drinks in any lounge on the ship (but, in some ships, not in restaurants) which has some value only if they do not have a drink package. They also get an internet discount. None of that is worth anywhere close to $2700. However, IMHO, the fun of taking an extra cruise in a JS is worth the $2700, if it doesn't break your budget! Of course, it would be better to take the cruise in the OS before the cruise in the JS since Diamond perks are worth much more when you are in a JS (and cannot use the Suite Lounge) than when you are in an OS.

Edited by actuarian