Mariner question

afdds

Hi,

We booked the Mariner for Spring Break-March 19th. I've looked at several deck plans and can't find Chops. I can locate Portafino, but not Chops. I read about the sushi being served in "Jade" and only at dinner times. Poor guy had to eat twice. :D I can handle that!

What is Jade and where is Chops?

Thanks a bunch!

Both Chops and Portofino are located just inside the entrance to the Windjammer. One is on the right and one is on the left as you enter.

In case you are a novice cruiser: the Windjammer is buffet style with food stations set up around a central kitchen. The food stations are identical on each side. For example, the first station is Jade, the next might be sandwiches (I don't remember the exact order, etc.) the next might be salads, the next might be burgers, etc. If you walk over to the other side there are identical stations in the same order.

Jade is a food station located toward the entrance of Windjammer, just past Chops and Portofino. It is billed as though it is a restaurant, but, it seems more like another station IMHO. It also has two stations. One station on the starboard side and one station on the port side. It is primarily Asian type food.

Posters are correct - Chops & Portofino are directly opposite each other, Chops is port and Portofino is starboard. Both are at the entrance to Windjammer.

Jade is actually more like part of the windjammer. It is the first section that you come to when going down either side of the Windjammer.

Jade is a food station located toward the entrance of Windjammer, just past Chops and Portofino. It is billed as though it is a restaurant, but, it seems more like another station IMHO. It also has two stations. One station on the starboard side and one station on the port side. It is primarily Asian type food.

I am in complete agreement, JADE is just another buffet station contained within the Windjammer. It is promoted as Asian, but most of the folks on our cruise in November were not all that empressed. Most of the rest of the Windjammer is much better.

Hi,

We booked the Mariner for Spring Break-March 19th. I've looked at several deck plans and can't find Chops. I can locate Portafino, but not Chops. I read about the sushi being served in "Jade" and only at dinner times. Poor guy had to eat twice. :D I can handle that!

What is Jade and where is Chops?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi afdds, we're on the same cruise. :D

Archived