Thomas Cook flights Gatwick to Malta

annieuk

I think I know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway. Our Thomas Cook flight, booked by P&O requires us to pre-book seats through the Thomas Cook website, along with any extras we require - extra baggage, meals etc. We have done this and completed the Advanced Passenger Information form, though I don't know if the latter is actually required as P&O already have the information. On the Thomas Cook manage my booking site it also speaks of online check in but I'm assuming we can't do this and have to check in at Gatwick in the normal way as I expect we have to complete the medical form - saying we haven't had any tummy upset etc. Am I correct about this?

I know we have to collect our baggage in Valetta and take it to the P&O vehicle which takes it to the ship, we had to do the same thing in Genoa when we did a fly cruise to the Mediterranean, also on Oceana.

Thanks for any responses.

I think I know the answer to this but thought I'd ask anyway. Our Thomas Cook flight, booked by P&O requires us to pre-book seats through the Thomas Cook website, along with any extras we require - extra baggage, meals etc. We have done this and completed the Advanced Passenger Information form, though I don't know if the latter is actually required as P&O already have the information. On the Thomas Cook manage my booking site it also speaks of online check in but I'm assuming we can't do this and have to check in at Gatwick in the normal way as I expect we have to complete the medical form - saying we haven't had any tummy upset etc. Am I correct about this?

I know we have to collect our baggage in Valetta and take it to the P&O vehicle which takes it to the ship, we had to do the same thing in Genoa when we did a fly cruise to the Mediterranean, also on Oceana.

We are also flying TC to Malta but from Bristol. We have done everything via the TC website including API. I have put this same question on another site and have been advised that check in takes place at the airport as indeed you do have to complete the health questionnaire.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

We flew TC from Gatwick to Malta in June.

We entered the API and booked seats and meal for the return journey (it was 7pm inbound flight) through TC website. I took a printout confirmation from TC as was a little concerned that it didn't show up on the CP so there wasn't any record of the booking anywhere else.

Yes it was check in at the airport on the day of departure. We were directed to an automatic check in machine in by a TC Rep. It didn't work though as the only reference number I had on the e-Ticket (from P&O) didn't correspond to the number of digits required for the check-in machine (a TC Airline ref). So, back to the Rep - and was then directed to a particular check in desk where we got our boarding card. Bit of a pain but only inasmuch as you didn't quite know what the procedure was. (I must say I thought the meal was pretty poor - the worst we've had on a flight.)

You claim your luggage in Malta but once you put it on the transfer coach you don't see it again until it arrives at your cabin.

Iirc I think we were given the medical declaration on the coach transfer.