Constellation Southern Itinerary

natgasman

Is there anyone out there that has been on this itinerary. I would like any insights that you have on the ports. Any advise on excersions or activities you did on your own would be great. We do like to do a few simple day at the beach trips. Where we need chairs, umbrellas, and cold beers !!

Saturday San Juan, Puerto Rico (7AM to 11PM)

Sunday Philipsburg, St. Maarten (9:30AM to 6PM)

Monday Roseau, Dominica (7AM to 5:30PM)

Tuesday Castries, St. Lucia (9AM to 5PM)

Wednesday Margarita Island, Venezuela (7AM to 3PM)

Thursday Oranjestad, Aruba (11AM to 11PM)

Friday at Sea

We are sailing on the 21st on the Constellation.

Thank you.

You can get a lot of tips if you go to the "Ports of Call" board and clik on the islands. But, here are a few suggestions.

St Martin: Orient Beach (Beautiful)

Dominica: An excursion to Trafalgar Falls and the Emerald Pool

St. Lucia: Land and Sea Excursion to the Pitons, drive in volcano, and

Anse Chastanet Beach.

Margarita Island: A great day at the beach.

Aruba: One of my favorite. Go to Palm Beach for lots of activities, or

Eagle Beach for quiet time. You can also snorkel over the World

War II German Freighter Antilla.

Have fun!:D

We're sailing on the 4th as well. This trip is supposed to be more R&R (for me after doing 2700 miles through Nova Scotia last summer on a Harley, which was my husband's idea of a vacation). We booked the Pirate's Extraveganza in St. Lucia, snorkeling/catamaran in Dominica, and the bar and pub crawl in Aruba. The rest of the time will be Orient Beach in St. Martin and the beach on Margarita Island. Plus, watching the Super Bowl!!

Is there anyone out there that has been on this itinerary. I would like any insights that you have on the ports. Any advise on excersions or activities you did on your own would be great. We do like to do a few simple day at the beach trips. Where we need chairs, umbrellas, and cold beers !!

Sunday Philipsburg, St. Maarten (9:30AM to 6PM)

Monday Roseau, Dominica (7AM to 5:30PM)

Tuesday Castries, St. Lucia (9AM to 5PM)

Wednesday Margarita Island, Venezuela (7AM to 3PM)

Thursday Oranjestad, Aruba (11AM to 11PM)

Friday at Sea

We are sailing on the 21st on the Constellation.

Thank you.

San Juan = make some time to visit old San Juan.

St. Maarten = Most people go to Orient Beach. If you really want a thrill, go to Maho beach. The beach isn't great, but you'll have jet airplanes passing 50 feet over the beach. You can hang out at the Sunset bar and watch the jetblast blow idiots off the beach, especially when the big jets come in the afternoon. Make sure you keep track of the time so you don't miss the ship !.

Dominica = Either the rainforest tram, or the falls / emerald pool combo trip are well worth the time.

St. Lucia = Reduit beach is hard to beat for R&R.

Margarita Island = There is one tour that everyone raved about which is the day at the all inclusive resort. Unfortunately, we missed that one, and wound up having a crappy experience overall.

Aruba = Palm Beach is where most folks from the ships go. There are others. The "natural bridge" is no more, so don't bother going . Also, the sunset catamaran cruise is very nice, and a nice way to end the day.

We're doing this itinerary on Jan. 21-28 and I agree with all the comments given. We haven't been to Margarita Island before and just planned to go to the beach closest to the ship...why was the all-inclusive resort excursion so special and was a meal included (there was some confusion in the brochure as to whether a lunch buffet was included or available as an option.). We also read on the destination board that it was an hour long ride each way...true??? We're planning on doing Orient beach ourselves and have been to Dominica and Aruba numerous times. Can't wait to just get to sun and warmth...ahhhh!

We're doing this itinerary on Jan. 21-28 and I agree with all the comments given. We haven't been to Margarita Island before and just planned to go to the beach closest to the ship...why was the all-inclusive resort excursion so special and was a meal included (there was some confusion in the brochure as to whether a lunch buffet was included or available as an option.). We also read on the destination board that it was an hour long ride each way...true??? We're planning on doing Orient beach ourselves and have been to Dominica and Aruba numerous times. Can't wait to just get to sun and warmth...ahhhh!

The beach that is close to the ship smells, and the water is dirty. I believe the excursion to the all inclusive resort includes lunch. I am not sure how long the ride is, but we went to "EL Agua" beach, and it was about 90 minutes each way.

I thought the Margarita Island beach and water were lovely. Did not notice a smell...lots bugs though. Water was Caribbean blue and clear. I rather enjoyed myself. Texed...have you visited Anse Chastenet? That is where we went to have lunch. The road is a little rugged down to it and there were local people at the entrance of that road trying to get us to pay 40 dollars for a boat ride to the resort...stating that the roads were impassable. Don't fall for it.

Archived