Sky to Cuba 9.3.18

sleepbestonships

After a long day of seeing Havana, we enjoyed some time on the ship. We ate dinner in the Palace MDR. We had a great table by the window and a lovely meal. I really enjoyed the Cuban inspired options.

After dinner, we got ready for Tropicana. I bought tickets online the night before the cruise and arranged transportation with Blexie. We had a classic car and paid $50 round trip. So - the Tropicana was an amazing venue, awesome costumes, and great dancing/singing. We were given a glass of champagne, a bottle of Havana Rum (1 bottle for 2 people), Avila each, and some nuts. It was pretty warm out and a few people were puffing on their cigars (also provided). The show starts at 10pm, I would advise arriving between 9:30 and 9:45, unless you want to sit around beforehand in the heat. Most people loved the show- but if you or your partner are not fans of "productions" or musicals, Tropicana is not for you.6379f2e48e5a84cdeaffef20b4dcba70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also are going to the Tropicana and using a Blexie driver. If 45-60 minutes will be enough for us do you think it is possible to exit the show without making a scene?

If you don't mind what kind of tip did you give the driver that took you to Tropicana and waited?

What time did you get the all clear to get off the ship in Havana?

Thank you so much for your review we will be on the Sun next year.

If we had realized our driver was waiting, we definitely would have left earlier. 45-60 minutes would have been just right for us (well, my husband might say 15 minutes would have been enough for him). We did talk to one group that had their driver take them to the cannon (this is at the fort not far from the where the ship is docked) at 9:00 and then straight to Tropicana. I would have preferred this!

Our itinerary called for us to be in port at 6 a.m. I think- we were pulling in at sunrise- more like 6:45 and then at the dock by 7:15. We had priority disembark (for being on a suite)- so got off in a very short amount of time (like 15 minutes). I could never hear any of the announcements, so not sure when we were all clear.