cabin preferences

lildan

Hi everyone

we have just been allocated cabin 157 on WindSurf ...despite asking for one centre ship this cabin is the one at the very front ...

has anyone had this cabin before?...is it likely to be very rocky (not a very good sailor) as it is at the front of the ship which obviously goes up and down the most..?...also will it be the same size as the other cabins as it is at the pointy end...yes very technical but you know what I mean...

any comments would be welcome ....

xxH

This past March my wife and I were in 140 and my parents were in 165 (close to the elevator, for my Mom).

As said previously, there is very little movement on these ships. One would expect they bounced around pretty good, being so small. But, if that were the case, my wife wouldn't like Windstar "The best of all".

Don't get me wrong, there are times when seas kick up and there's nothing not moving. But "pointy end" or "flat? end" makes no difference then.

All things considered, we find the Windstar ships to be a much better "ride" than any of the 600-2200 pax ships we've been on.

I just got off the Wind Surf Sunday from the New Years cruise, I was in cabin 151 and it wasn't as far forward as I thought it was going to be. I felt a gentle rolling at times. However I am a life long sailor and it takes really rough weather for me to get "funny". My mom gets sick at the drop of a hat, just thinking about water will get her seasick and she had "the patch" and she never once got sick or even felt light headed. It was totally amazing. If you think you might be seasick, I would get the Rx for the patch before leaving home and put the patch on the morning that you are getting on the ship.

Susan

Hi Pixiegirl

you said..."great bed but not close to the elevator.."....does that mean that the elevator can be a problem ?...

allowing that 157 is opposite the elevator and I'm assuming (from other comments on this thread) next door to the crew quarters I think I may have drawn a pup....do I also assume that the door to the crew quarters will be opening and closing all night/early morning ?...I really need my sleep or will be like the proverbial bear with a sore head all day....

also if the cruise isn't full what are the chances of changing cabins if there is a noise problem..?..

xxH

Archived