Opinions are subjective.

bchbum641

As I read these reviews it appears to me that everyone has a different opinion of how there cruise went. What I don't understand is the need for people to argue back and forth about the validity of there complaint. It starts to make one think that there is another agenda when one has to argue why something is sooo bad. I respect the opinions of others but I don't need "talked into" having the same view.

If you want a truly "bad experience" on a cruise. Take the one where my husband got the flu 2 days into it, was given meds that wouldn't allow him to get much sun and no alchohol. The latter two wouldn't have been that bad but what was really bad was how he felt and was confined to the room most of the time. Looking at the bright side he at least was able to rest.

We're leaving on the Magica on the 15th and are both taking lots of vitamins:) Plan on being healthy for this one. Most anything will be better than having the flu.

You're 100% right! I have been panicking since I stumbled on this website, because I organized a Costa Cruise for some 25 people and the reviews have been horrible and I am feeling so guilty. But after reading your review I am going to go in with an open mind and hope for the best!!! Can it really be as bad as some say- or are some just really hard to please?:eek:

marshall, like you I encouraged my entire family (17 in all) to join me on my Costa Magica cruise in March. We took advantage of the Kids Sail Free Promo...9 of the 17 are kids! (And I will add they are all well-behaved, will be closely supervised by parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles and not be permitted to run all over the ship.)

If you take some of these reviews to heart, anyone would have a panic attack. Fortunately, I got a little sample of the Mediterranea & the Magica and now I know made a good decision and can disregard most of the negative. Whether or not I would consider Costa a premium cruise line remains to be seen. No cruise is perfect. I always compare cruise line to cruise line and ship to ship. I always find things that I like on this one, but not on another. Always in search of a different cruise experience...so many ships, so little time! I can't wait for my cruise in March!

My own personal feelings are a cruise is what you make of it. I enjoy reading reviews, and actually enjoy some of the arguements, because you can still read between the lines & get some info.... we have been on 10 cruises, different lines & I honestly can not give a reply as to which was the best (except the FIRST cruise was the most memorable because we had never cruised before!). We have had little things go wrong, but nothing that we could not overcome, and we never let it ruin our vacation. Every one of these boards have their loyalists & those that want to tear it apart. When I first started to read Cruise Critics we were getting ready to sail on NCL & after reading some of the reviews was a little worried about that line...and started to think on the negative side.....we had a wonderful time!!!....I will not let that happen again...... Basically what I gather about Costa, is that it has more of a "European Flavor", and that IS different then typical "American".....One example of a few comments I have read is about the pizza! I do find these amusing..... Pizza in Italy is TOTALLY different then the pizza Hut in the USA ... I am not sure which I like better, but at least I have tried them both..... I think this is the attitude a person has to take, The only gaurentee is "What ever you look for, you will find!" sincerely, Dan

Nashkan - I couldn't have said it better. I didn't realize until you said it, but we too have experienced bad reviews here on CC prior to both of our last cruises. Our last cruise was on RCCL's Vision and the one before that was on Costa's Atlantica. You know, we had an incredible time on both.:)

Archived