The Great Heist - -

Romy40

Thanks Rob.

I'm sailing with some real "sleuths." They read murder mysteries and other mystery books all the time, and are quite good at figuring out the guilty.

Is the heist difficult enough for them?

Is there a prize for winning?

It's fun. We did it on our sailing this summer. My biggest suggestion is making sure you're on time to the meeting spots for clues. We were 10 minutes late once and they had closed up the table and left the piazza. We had to wait until the next day to get our clues.

As for difficulty, out of the 50 or so people groups doing the heist I think only one got the correct answer, and it was suspiciously close to the wording of the correct answer read out loud. I'm guessing it wasn't the winner's first time playing that particular heist. I can't remember the prize. A bottle of wine and a Princess trinket, I think? Something like that. Nothing too exciting.

If your group is into that sort of thing, we also had a mini escape room on our sailing. It was on a port day with sign ups the day before, but if you're staying on board anyway it was a fun hour. The host took us on a tour of several spots on the ship and then we had 30 minutes to escape. Playing for pride not prize. ;)