Water toys at Sapphire Beach?

cruz_luvr1

I'm going to St. Thomas in February with RCCL and I'm pretty sure I'm going to Sapphire Beach - heard lots of good things about it. I was going to go to Magen's, and then heard it was highly overrated. My inclination to go to Magen's was the availability of water toys there. My 10-year old daughter loves paddle boats and kyaks. I like those, plus snorkeling, as does my 14-year old son.

Does anyone know if Sapphire offers kyaks, paddle boats and snorkeling gear and the approximate costs?

Are there good places to eat (reasonable as well) at Sapphire?

Also, if you can use any of the resorts pools if you pay the fee for the umbrella and such?

Thanks.

Sapphire has kayaks and snorkel gear. I've not seen paddle boats there that I can think of, only Sugar Bay at the Wyndham Resort comes to mind for paddle boats and perhaps Turtle Cove at the Ritz Resort. Anyhoo, Sapphire does have kayaks, windsurfers, snorkel gear.

You can get food at Sapphire, its ok; prices are what resort prices are typically like.

No not all resorts allow pool use even if you are buying food, drinks and renting gear.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Hi Islander,

Thanks for responding. I was also thinking about spending the day at Emerald Beach (the Best Western resort). I called them, and they do let you use their pool and have all the water toys, but I don't think the snorkeling is very good there. Would you say this is as good a beach as Sapphire?

Also, do you know anything about distances of these beaches from the port?

Thanks.

Archived