Jolly Roger - Boatyard in Barbados - Opinions Requested

Huey

I noticed on the Boatyard's website, the Jolly Roger is docked right there. If you book the Jolly Roger, do you automatically end up at the Boatyard? Are there more than one Jolly Roger? I've found a few different websites for it. Do you have to book through Carnival. I noticed that some excursion companies won't take cruise reservations.

Do you think this would be a good excursion for children? We have 7 & 13 yr. old boys. Thanks.

Laura

Carnival Fantasy - 04/90 - Honeymoon! * Imagination * Victory * Destiny * Triumph * Golden Princess 04/02 * RCCL Brilliance 04/03 * Carnival Legend 04/13/04

Did the Jolly Roger last year in Barbados and had a great time. There were 2 different boats, one larger than the other. Both were fully booked with cruise passengers, one from Destiny, the other from Spirit. I have some pics on my photo site below.

As it is a heavy party boat, lots of strong drinks, attracting roudy people packed stem to stearn, I could not recommend it for a 7 year old.

http://community.webshots.com/user/doctrd

Paradise 3/04

Destiny 11/03

Destiny 3/03

Voyager of Seas 11/99

Paradise 7/99

Grand Princess (Grand Suite) 4/99

Grand Princess (Grand Suite) 11/98

Imagination 7/98

Fantasy 7/97

In February we did the JR and had a blast. They did have 2 ships and when we asked if they used both at the same time we were told one was for the Sunset sailing, so who knows. As for your other questions:

If you book the Jolly Roger, do you automatically end up at the Boatyard?

No. If you want when the trip is over you can sail over to the Boatyard but you can get off at the marina & go back to the ship.

Do you have to book through Carnival.

Yes. I emailed the JR before sailing and was told by them that when ships are in they do not do private trips they only charter to the cruise lines.

Do you think this would be a good excursion for children? We have 7 & 13 yr. old boys.

IMO I wouldn't take the boys. There's a lot of drinking, flashing going on and things get quite rowdy, but that's just my opinion.

Debbie

Carnival Destiny 2/8/04

Grand Princess 7/6/03

RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02

Crown Dynasty 7/00

Queen of Bermuda 7/87

Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

• 2 months later...

Did the Jolly Roger a couple of years ago. Had a great time (I think). If you are a partier, it is definately a great time. This is NOT a kid friendly excursion. The cruise lines even tells you that it is not recommended for kids. With all of the free floating rum, there were several college guys totally naked, diving over the side of the ship. The were mooning everyone and then they were Sunning everyone. Hope you have a GREAT time.

Personally, I don't think this excursion is appropriate for children. We went on it several years ago when we were in Barbados and it got pretty racey. Lots of drinking and carrying on. Things may have changed since then, but we were picked up and returned directly from the pier. At least that's what my friends told me because I have no recollection of ever returning to the ship. Apparently I had a ball! :o

Beth

Really a wild time. Not for the kids or the shy. We did the J R off the Legend & again off the Spirit. Both times, people 'lost' their clothes on the trip back to the ship.

If you are not shy, or easily offended, take the J R as it is a really fun time.

Archived