booze on Valor

curlerguy

We will be taking the Valor to the western Caribean in March and starting to get excited. Anyway, this will be our 4th cruise but our first on Carnival. On all of our other cruises we have taken a bottle on board in our carry on. Not tons of booze or anything but just enough so we can have a nightly drink in our cabin while getting ready for dinner. Will we be hassled by the Carnival staff? Is it best to bring it in the carry on or pack it in your checked luggage?

We will be taking the Valor to the western Caribean in March and starting to get excited. Anyway, this will be our 4th cruise but our first on Carnival. On all of our other cruises we have taken a bottle on board in our carry on. Not tons of booze or anything but just enough so we can have a nightly drink in our cabin while getting ready for dinner. Will we be hassled by the Carnival staff? Is it best to bring it in the carry on or pack it in your checked luggage?

There must be a hundred threads about booze - and there are a hundred answers, from cheap skate to easy to do.

The pivotal answer seems to be, wash out a mouthwash bottle really well and put your booze in that!

Yea I know there will be a hundred people dissing me for the dishonesty - but hey! If your'e going to do it, might as well do it properly.

I can't recommend the mouthwash route - been there and done that, and let me tell you, even with Scope, you will never get the mouthwash scent out of the bottle and the booze will be infused with that minty fresh flavor you really don't want - unless perhaps you are making a mint julep.

Use a water bottle or something. If you buy a 100% plastic liquor bottle, you can hide it inside of something in your checked luggage and chances of discovery are slim.

Just make sure you buy your booze in a plastic bottle and remove any foil labelling it will never show up on xray and you can leave it in your checked luggage. Some guy was trying to embark with 3 bottles (glass) in his carry on when he boarded the ship and had it all confiscated - we on the other hand had no problem with one in our checked luggage!:D

curlerguy: which cruise are you taking, the March 5 or 19? Check out the "roll calls" for these two cruises. We are on the 19th, but the group on the 5th looks like a pretty rowdy group.

I always fill plastic water bottles and put it in my checked baggage. Never have had a problem. Usually take two or three, and like you have a cocktail while getting ready for dinner. My job is to go up and get a few pieces of sushi, come back, mix a drink, sit on the balcony and enjoy the view.

I don't remove labels, I don't break the seal... I don't go through ANY trouble... if it gets taken, it gets taken. I put it in my checked luggage AS IS and have never had anything taken from me... You can also order ahead of time by calling the Bon Voyage Dept...

We just got off the Valor Western itinerary and we purchased plastic travel bottles of liquor (vodka, coconut rum, peach schnapps, etc), placed them in ziploc bags and placed them in our checked baggage and zip-tyed it shut. All of our baggage was delivered to our room shortly after we were on board with out any problems. Our steward helped us remove all of our items from our mini-fridge and then we placed everything in the fridge~no problems all week. I should mention that we also brought three cases of coke with us on board. We duct taped them all together in a stack and then taped a Carnival luggage tag to it. No problems! It saved us hundreds of dollars, so I could really care less what others have to say about it. No regrets :)

We took wine ,soda(mixers) and a 1/2 gallon of Capt. Morgan's pineapple rum that carnival does not have onboard in our checked luggage. The only precaution I took was to put the glass bottles in heavy duty ziplock bags incase they somehow broke.

Archived