Port parking at Ft Lauderdale

FEDJAN

If I arrive in Fort Lauderdale a day early and check into a hotel (say 17th street) can I park my car at the port the day before the cruise? The reason I ask is, at the port in New Orleans, there is NO room for parking at the port until passengers from the arriving ship get off and move their cars. Will there be enough space for me to leave the car early? Oh, we sail out on a Tuesday so I would be looking to park on a Monday afternoon, spend the night in a hotel and take a cab to the port on Tuesday.

Thanks

Well I'm not all that familiar with the Port of N.O., but I do know that Port Everglades is a LOT larger. There are 2 large parking garages at Port Everglades, and there is rarely a problem with finding a space. The problem with what you want to do is that unless there are ships in port the day before you won't be able to get a taxi to get out of the port (it's a VERY large complex). Even if there are ships in port on the day before you probably won't be allowed in by security to do that anyway.

OK. Thanks. I guess I'll park at the hotel and drop DW and luggage off the morning we depart and then park the car. I figured at $12 a day, if there was parking available, they (Port Parking) would let me in a day early. No problem.

Thanks again.

Archived