CocoCay Question...

bububr

I'm on Thursdays departure to Cococay...Can't wait....

I've never been before and had a couple of questions.

All of the rentals, excursions available through Celebrity...do they HAVE to be purchased before I leave, or on the ship? Or is it possible to rent items (snorkel gear,,,etc) on the island?

Is there a charge for the BBQ?

Regarding BOOZE....do we need to bring cash, or is this like the cashless system onboard?

Straw market? I guess we need cash for this, do they take credit cards also or is more like the SM in Nassau?

By the way, I've been packed since Saturday...Can't wait to meet at the Martini bar at five:cool:

Dave:eek:

I have not been there in over a year, but most of this info should be the same:

1. You can rent just about anything on the island for activities, although some items might get sold out (this is a Royal Caribbean Corp. Island, so there is only 1 vendor for each activity, hence, no competition, but the prices seem fair.) You can also bring your own equipment. I brought my snorkel equipment, and had a great time. They take your ship card as payment at these kiosks.

2.The market on the island is maned by several local vendors, like a mini-Straw market. They do bargain, but not as much as Nassau. They only took cash when I was there. All sorts of carvings, rock jewelry, leather, and hair braiding available.

3. BBQ is provided by the ship, as part of your original fare. Drinks are available by the same friendly waiters as on the ship, and can be paid for with your ship card.

4. Just FYI, the island is beautiful. Take a walk around. Most people seem to settle on the beach as soon as they get off the tender. Take a short walk and the beach gets much less crowded.

for the info vaccardi:)

I'm looking forward to this little getaway:cool:

I'm glad we can just charge to the cabin, makes life easier. \\

I'm also going to take your advice and head toward the otherside of the island:D

Thanks again,

Dave:eek:

Look toward the center of the island and you will find what is supose to be Black Beards grave. There is a flat marker all broken up telling that his body is there but is headless due to taken to be turned in for the bounty. The gentleman livng on the island with his wife is a Black Beard historians

Archived