Houston Downtown to Galv. Pier HELP!

Smart Freak

Hi mates, need some advise: Me and my wife arrive to Houston one day before our Cruise (departing from Galveston), Ive already booked shuttle services from the Bush Airport to Courtyard Houston Downtown (roundtrip) for 80 USD and I think thats fine. The problem is that Ive been searching for tips on transportation from our Hotel (Courtyard Houston Downtown) to Galveston Pier, and Ive found 100+ fairs on one way trip! I think its too much, do you recommend other way of transportation from Houston hotel to Galv. Pier? Please Help :eek:

About the only other thing you can do is book a car rental with Hertz or Enterprize car rental for anywhere from 50 on up. We also have a trip out of Galveston and the going rate for transfers we have found ranged from 95-225 one way for two people. We booked the hotel in Galveston and rented a car to get there the night before. Car rental is the onlything under the 100 mark out there.

Wish I had better news then that.

I would save the $80 from airport to downtown Houston and go straight to Galveston. Not sure how far Bush is from Houston but that ride sounds pricey, maybe Houstoncruiser will read this and give you some tips (he is a limo driver for this area). You probably would not save any money but for the same amount you are spending with all your different transportation needs you could rent a nice limo and head down to Galveston and spend the night.

Thanx for your comments, I think I'll rent a car, because we'll stay at houston only for one night and paying 100 for a day of car rental seems to be right so we can go anywhere in Houston and then drive ourselves to Galveston Pier next morning, I guess you can leave the car at Galveston rental offices. Or should I look for reservation at Galveston Hotels?, the thing is that we are from Mexico and "shopping at the Galleria" is a must for us, because of the high prices we found here in our country :(

We used A Arrow Limo from our hotel in Houston to the Galveston pier then back again to the airport after our cruise, for $150. It was very nice! They picked us up promptly at the airport and took us to our hotel, then picked us up from our hotel the next day and took us out to the Galveston pier, dropping us off right at the terminal. Then after the cruise was over, they were there right at the terminal to pick us up and take us back to Houston to the airport again. Very nice comfortable ride. I highly recommend them. 713-779-0002...toll free 1-866-551-limo.

Good luck, and have fun! :)

One thing, downtown Houston is a different area than the Galleria. Make sure if you want to shop the Galleria that your hotel is in the Galleria area itself, and not downtown Houston. I myself have stayed at the Westin Galleria that is directly connected to the Galleria twice and found it to be a nice hotel.

Thank all of you for your help, ;)

Just booked with Hertz for 97 USD precruise day and 168 USD postcruise day, I think that way we can go various places in Houston and drive ourselves from the airport to the hotel and to the pier and viceversa. :)

Archived