Liberty's Arrival Time in San Juan?

gquest

I was hoping that a recent Liberty cruisers (8 Day Eastern) could answer a few questions. First, Carnival has the Liberty's arrival time at San Juan as 5 pm. Is that Miami time or San Juan time? Does the Liberty adjust its time to each ports local time? Also, a few San Juan tour operators have informed me that the Liberty actually arrives around 4 pm San Juan time, not 5 pm as stated on Carnival's website. Is this true?

We're trying to iron out this issue for our Liberty cruise on 2/4/06 as well. From what I've read so far, the ship does our itinerary (8-day Eastern) only once a month. When she sailed in November, they did not turn the clocks. In December, however, they turned the clocks forward an hour before arriving in San Juan (from EST to Standard time - which is local BVI time) and left them that way until they sailed back towards Nassau.

Anxiously awaiting the return of this week's January cruisers to find out what THEY did regarding the time.

We're trying to iron out this issue for our Liberty cruise on 2/4/06 as well. From what I've read so far, the ship does our itinerary (8-day Eastern) only once a month. When she sailed in November, they did not turn the clocks. In December, however, they turned the clocks forward an hour before arriving in San Juan (from EST to Standard time - which is local BVI time) and left them that way until they sailed back towards Nassau.

Anxiously awaiting the return of this week's January cruisers to find out what THEY did regarding the time.

TinaLee, do you know when the January cruisers return? Also, how can I find all of the up-coming 8-Day Eastern cruises on the Liberty (Carnival's website list the next one as March 4, 2006, probably because the others are sold out)?

TinaLee, do you know when the January cruisers return? Also, how can I find all of the up-coming 8-Day Eastern cruises on the Liberty (Carnival's website list the next one as March 4, 2006, probably because the others are sold out)?

January cruisers sailed on 01/07/06 and will return this Sunday (01/15/06).

The next one after that is the one I'm on - 02/04/06 - then 03/04/06 - then 04/01/06. Then she does a transatlantic on 04/23/06 and she'll be in Rome for the late spring/summer/fall. She'll return to FLL in November 2006.

:)

Nothing booked in San Juan. Since we get in so late, we'll probably just roam around for a while and get back on board for late seating dinner. Some of our group has booked the bioluminescence kayak tour though.

We're booked on the Champagne Catamaran Sail & Snorkel to St. John out of St. Thomas (been to St. Thomas waaayyy too many times). About 4 of us are doing this trip, some are doing the St. John tour offered by Carnival, and some are just going to catch the ferry to St. John and head to the beach.

We're doing the Historic Antigua and Beach tour on Antigua. I think maybe 8 or 9 of us? Some are doing the strictly historic tour. I think a couple may be going scuba diving?? We'll be back from our tour by 1 pm, so we can look around a bit on our own after that.

Tortola all 36 of us are doing a day sail with Patouche.

Nassau, some are doing the Ardastra Gardens to watch the flamingos march! LOL! (see group name below) but I'm staying on the ship to start my packing.

How about you? What do you have planned?

Archived