dwittwer

It's on the MSC USA website:

click on...

- Discover MSC -

- Life on Board -

- Spa & Relaxation -

- More Information -

SPECIAL TREATMENTS FOR YOUNG GUESTS

The Teenage Kicks range offers a wide variety of facial and body treatments for younger Guests, all at teenager-friendly prices. Please note the following conditions that apply to teenagers using MSC Aurea Spa services:

• Body and facial treatments: 13 to 15-year-olds must be accompanied by an adult, present a waiver and wear a bathing suit at all times, while 16 and 17-year-olds can be unaccompanied but must present a waiver and wear a bathing suit. Their treatments will always be carried out by a therapist of the same sex.
  • Hair Dresser: guests under 18 years old can receive treatments on signature of a waiver.
  • Manicure & Pedicure: under 18 years old can receive treatments on signature of a waiver.
  • Solarium, Medi-Spa & Thermal area: guests under 18 years old are not admitted.

18. Dont believe anything else.. I took copy of web site... and was told they had a policy change a while back and the web site was not accurate... I took it further up the mgmt chain.. still would not let my 13 year old in...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

It says 18yrs for Solarium, Medi-Spa and Thermal area on the website.

Does that mean that (for ex.) a 15 year-old couldn't get a mani/pedi even if her mom was there and was willing to sign?

That should be no problem. Mani/Pedi, Hair Salon (women), Barber Shop (Men) and Beauty Arcade (Shop) are in front of the Aurea Reception Desk and you don't have to check-in at the reception. For Aurea Thermal Spa Wellness Area (Sauna, Thalasso, etc) you need to check-in as well as for the Aurea Treatment Area (Massages, etc).

That should be no problem. Mani/Pedi, Hair Salon (women), Barber Shop (Men) and Beauty Arcade (Shop) are in front of the Aurea Reception Desk and you don't have to check-in at the reception. For Aurea Thermal Spa Wellness Area (Sauna, Thalasso, etc) you need to check-in as well as for the Aurea Treatment Area (Massages, etc).

That's what I thought but the previous poster made it seem like nothing could be booked for anyone under 18.

Thanks.

I am aware of what it says as I took all documentation with me.. dont book thinking less than 18 will be allowed in thermal area.. this should be corrected but you know msc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I’m confused, the website says 18 so what are you saying needs to be corrected?

hopefully the web site is updated...

The restrictions for the Aurea Thermal Spa and Aurea Spa Services & Treatments are posted in answer #2 , as per MSC USA website.

A 13yr old teenager can get Aurea Spa services (massage, etc) with an adult present, waiver and wearing bathing suit.

For access to the Aurea Thermal Spa area (sauna, thalasso, ice room, steam room, etc) the age restriction is 18.

Aurea Thermal Spa area and Aurea Spa treatment rooms are separated anmd have different access.