Lindajlamarre,welcome back

Jdleong

I posted a couple of days ago, but forgot you were going to stay in FLL. How was the trip,the hotel and the Limo service. Fill us in,please as I have only 30 days till I am off on the Victory in a Cat 11 now.

5/2 Victory Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;5;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

JD...Hi! Yeah, I'm back icon_frown.gif So sad it's over!

Cruise was great. Met all my cruisecritic friends who were all just as much fun in person as they were online...if not more so!

The wrap-around balcony was AWESOME! (#7425) And, yes, you can see down onto the Empress Deck wrap-around balcony but only if you are right up to the railing and then all you can see is like the top of your shoulders...was rockin and rollin but not sure if it was due to rough seas or cabin location. Kinda hard to compare to our midship balcony. But I must say, I slept great on this cruise. And it was pretty quiet back there as far as foot traffic but it's a bit of a walk to get to the cabin. But well worth the walk for peace and quiet!

Lago Mar...hmmm...I won't stay there again. Definitely a "family oriented hotel", not for couples w/o kids as far as I'm concerned. Not enough to do...was kinda "stuffy"...very expensive to eat there! $6 for a roomservice egg, one single egg! Me don't pay those kinda prices...no way! They even tacked on 18.1% tip in their little convenient store...go figure!?

Visit to ports, rain in Coz., no rain but rough waters in GC so they cancelled Stingray City, and rain in Jamaica. We went deep into the island of Jamaica so we got a lot of showers. As far as Stingray City in GC, you are better off booking a private tour if you want to do that so if the ship cancels the tour due to water conditions, the private tour will still happen...that's what our group ended up doing. They were all booked with a private party so their tour wasn't cancelled while the ship tour was so there were a lot of disappointed people.

It also rained on/off on our last sea day. That was disappointing. but all in all, we still had a fantastic cruise and the weather was still pretty good...came home nice and tan!

I'm sure there's plenty more you want to know so just ask away. Gotta go clean my stupid house...it's one big furball!

Oh, yeah, limo. We used ABC Limo and they were on time and have no complaints whatsoever! I'll let you know how much it cost once I ask my hubby.

And for anyone who decides to stay in FLL after a cruise...stay on the intercoastal waterway somewhere...that's where the action is! The watertaxi is fantastic! TAkes you everywhere!

More later! Ask away JD! And I forgot what your name is?

Linda

Sorry the weather wasn't too good. My brother was on the Millenium last week and it was really rough on Friday night, no Lobster for him . I wanted to know how your stay at the Radisson was and did you use the shuttle from Fll to the Radisson? When you get time you can e-mail me at jdleong@telus.net with all the info or put it on here, doesn't matter which, cause I am still glued to these boards. I know that after my last cruise, I didn't follow them as much till I booked the next cruise, then it was back to reading daily. Sorry that you have to clean the house,where is the cabin steward when you need him? Thanks,Jan

5/2 Victory Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;5;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Jan...I thought the Radisson was okay. It was good enough for one night. I hardly remember the place cause we got there kinda late, around 9:30? and went right to bed. The next morning we walked over to the "sky walk" I think it was called....which is really like a mall. As a matter of fact, I was at the Radisson waaaay back in the late 70's, early 80's with my Mom visiting in Florida...and the Radisson at the time was some other hotel which was connected to the Omni Mall...as a matter of fact, I think it was called the Omni Hotel? So the mall is still there, at least some shops and it's all attached to the hotel. And the Bayside Market Place was close by and I think you could pay $1? and ride there on some shuttle...never checked into it cause we didnt' have time to go there anyway.

We took the ABC towncar from FLL to the Radisson and from the port to FLL hotel. Apprx $160 r/t. They were right there waiting for us at both locations. He even waited for at least an hr for us at the port and no extra charge. We just called them when we were almost ready to get off.

You will love the Victory. I think I enjoyed that ship more than the Triumph. I know the service was better on the Victory, both dining room service and the cabin stewart. Our dining room waiter and cabin stewart both kinda sucked on the Triumph to tell you the truth, especially the cabin stewart...no personality at all! And I liked the decor better on the Victory.

But I must say, sure did enjoy the cruise director, John Heald. He is a riot!

Anything else you want to know...just ask!

icon_frown.gif boo hoo hoo...my cruise is over! Now I envy you! icon_frown.gif

Linda

I don't know if you should envy me cause last night Air Canada announced that it may be ceasing operations ,due to bankruptcy, and guess what? That is our airline with our tickets. Worse off they are tickets bought on reward points and the true value is $29 a ticket. The airline said it would be flying but, that is the Pres of the airline, what would he say, "we are dead". I doubt it will happen, but Carnival doesn't care if we can't get there. All this is suppose to happen before April 15th, so I have little I can do at the moment, but worry. I have gone from excited to sick to my stomach overnight. And it is on a weekend and I can't get answers to anything till Monday. Let's hope they are flying on the 29th, at least I will get to Miami, and who knows how I will get home

5/2 Victory Cruise

Hey, ya, Linda! I enjoyed meeting you too!!!

You are 100% right about booking your own tour in Grand Cayman. I don't know if I'd trust doing that in Jamaica tho. But, Grand Cayman...yeap...no sweat.

You can see our stingray city tour at http://lynda.cyberxape.com/trip . There's a good picture of the white caps in the water. LOL! I never got out of the boat--but rather ate bonine like popcorn. It was rocking and rolling big time!!! Everybody said "GET OUT OF THE BOAT! You'll feel better!" Yeah, right...with all of those big critters there??? I don't think so! I'm a big chicken!

(hahahahahaha)

lynda_ani.gif

As soon as my hubby puts our photos online, I will add to Webshots...I just hope we have some decent photos! I think we took less pictures this time around vs last time...we'll see...

I know he took photos of our cabin and the balcony...did I tell everyone how awesome our balcony was????? AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME, love the 9a wrap-around...we are hooked!

Jan, that is just terrible news about your flight situation! Is it possible to book with another airline...even if it means spending more $$$. Just charge it! Yeah, that's the ticket...do it the AMERICAN WAY...CHARGE CHARGE CHARGE! Whatever you have to do to get there!!!! Definitely keep me posted on this! I feel for you!

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Linda, my flights are all okay now and in two weeks I will sipping my drinks and watching the sunset, glad that the gov't extended the time on Air Canada. Watching for your pictures

Jan

5/2 Victory Cruise

Archived