Best way to get from Miami port to Airport - post cruise

Square

I don't really like to think about the time when my upcoming cruise ends, but I have a quick question. What is the best way to transfer from the pier to the Airport. We have an early afternoon flight, so I am thinking about a taxi. Are there plenty of taxis available? Do I have to set one up specifically? Is it better to take a bus? How much would a taxi or bus probably cost from the pier to the airport? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We booked our own travel this time and I kind of forgot to look into post cruise transfers.

Thanks in advance,

Square

There will be plenty of taxis though no doubt a line for them, but if you have an afternoon flight you will be getting off the ship after the main rush so may not be as bad. Cab fare should be $24. set price I believe plus tip of course.

Square, afternoon flight means you can be the last one off the ship. Make them pry your knuckles from the buffet table and physically kick you off the ship. :p

Seriously, no rush, plenty of cabs, take your time and savor the last moments of your cruise. ;)

Well our flight leaves at 1:53 so I actually would like to get going at a decent time. We will probably self disembark (worked well last time). So, cab fair would probably only be around 25 buck for my wife and I or would we have to hop in with others (not a big deal to us). I am just wondering if that is a per person fee or per group in a taxi.

Cab fare between the Port of Miami and MIA is a fixed, flat rate of $24 PER CAB... NOT per person, and no, you don't have to share the cab with anyone. You and your wife together would pay $24, plus tip.

Archived