How do you get your cruise director to announce your group at the welcome aboard show

Luvcruisin76

On our August Breeze cruise, there was a family/group of people front and center near the lido pool at the sail away party who all had (stupid) matching shirts. One guy, who appeared to be the patriarch, was wearing a captains hat (how original). He worked really hard to be the center of attention, trying to stay on camera. When the CD came out to start the proceedings, this guy gets right next to him, continuing the bad dancing, etc. In short order, other Carnival employees and Thing 1 and Thing 2 gathered around the CD, effective pushing the attention hog out of the frame. Once he realized nobody was "Looking At Me", he faded away. Too funny. That 5 minutes reminded me why I avoid the Lido Pool area during our cruises (I was passing through getting some water from the buffet area).

Good for that guy, and the group with the matching shirts. I bet they had more fun than I do, as I am too reserved for any of that. I envy those that are that outgoing, and do not mind others attention on them. Good for the group/family that didn't give a crap what other judgmental idiots thought about their shirts.

OP ask the CD.. all he can do is say no. Have lots of fun, and the time of your life. Ignore those that would want to take any of that away. If they don't like what is announced they can leave the theater. C'est la vie.