Playa Mia, Cozumel

tennesseecruisermom

There's a "Beach Club Update" on my site, including information on Playa Mia. It's from 9 Dec, but not a lot has changed at Playa Mia since then. They are open with pretty much all the facilities they had before, but they are still using a giant 'tent' as a temporary roof over the main building.

Ian

Thanks atlasali

Great pictures too... just one thing I'd like to point out if you'll forgive me: the picture above the caption "Hurricane Wilma damage in Cozumel" (image_8.jpg) shows a large condo/hotel building under construction near El Cid hotel. This isn't actually hurricane damage, it was like that (actually it looked worse!) before Wilma - it is a new development that has been under construction for a while now.

A lot of people have mentioned big buildings being damaged near the international pier and I think it is this that they are often referring to... most the major hurricane damage was long cleaned up, and as I'm sure you noticed the downtown area looks great now too!

Hope you make it back again soon!

Best wishes

Ian

Archived