NCL Credit Card Question

usnavywife

OK have been reading the sticky thread and I am now wondering if my charge would actually be a NCL charge? I am booking through USAA if they call me back. So would that be a USAA Charge or a NCL Charge?

And I am confused on the max per month we can earn point wise. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I think you’re asking if you book through a travel agent using your NCL Bank of America card, does it show up as a charge from NCL (triple points) or from the travel agent (regular points). This would be a question for the travel agent. You may have to weigh the perks you get for booking through USAA versus the triple points on the card.

I book thru USAA.....the portion that is the TA fee is billed to the TA, so is not triple points, nor is the insurance if you get it thru them. However, the fare that is paid to NCL WILL show up as 3X points. I usually pay 2 ways: I charge the TA fee and the insurance thru my USAA card to get points thru them (I have EAGLE points), and the balance of the deposit and final payment to my NCL card. This may impact some of the perks of your USAA card, as they will cover some items if you put everything on that card, but since I purchase the trip insurance, I have never felt any pain over this. Also, be aware, that if you are using EAGLE points to offset some of your cruise costs, you will need to use that credit card to book the cruise (since you can get credit from BOTH the TA vacation points and use EAGLE points towards the cruise). I have essentially gotten free cruises that way (in as much as anything is really free!)

Thank you both for your replies. I just wound up using my normal Alaska Air card and getting the regular miles for it. We fly way more than we cruise (we live on an island) so it is all ok I guess lol.

The original TA must have been out sick and the other one didn't know the answer. Go figure haha