Best port from which to sail to Cuba?

waterwatcher

I can't imagine it making much difference. Miami is the closest, although Fort Lauderdale and Tampa aren't that much further. We went out of Miami, which worked well for us because we were catching a flight to Key West after disembarkation. We arrived in Miami the night before and were able to visit Little Havana before getting on the ship. I would think that the choice would be more about what itinerary you like, what ship and cruise line you prefer and the availability of flights.

I think your preference of ships to cruise on may be the deciding factor. RC is pulling Majesty of the Seas out of Tampa leaving Carnival Paradise as the only ship from Tampa to Havana. If you don't like that ship/cruise line, you'll probably want to go to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. RC Empress is going out of Miami is a lovely classic small ship, Majesty is moving t Ft. Lauderdale and is one of the larger ships going into Havana. You also have Norwegian Cruise going out from the east coast as well.