Is it 'legal' to take your own soft drinks onboard?

PrincessJul

I was thinking about taking an extra suitcase filled with cokes, etc., on the Conquest later this month rather than buying "pop cards", and then using the suitcase to bring home some of the goodies I buy during the week. We are driving down so this won't cause me any grief but I was wondering "is it legal to smuggle 'good ole soda pop'onto the ship?

Also..........how can you find out if your cabin has a mini-fridge? We've got an inside cabin on the Conquest if that helps.

"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful".....Jimmy Buffet

We've brought 12 packs of our own soda on past cruises, and have never had a problem. I'm sorry, I cant answer your question about mini-frig's. I'm kinda wondering the same thing, because we'll be on the Conquest this fall!

[url='http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008'][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_1_103.gif[/img][/url]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;31;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Official Countdown to Conquest!

Paradise 9/03
Pride 9/02
Fantasy 5/00
Sensation 3/97

I think all the cabins on Conquest have mini fridges. However, I hear they're not that cold.
We take a softsided cooler loaded with cokes and whatever else will fit, bathing suits, t-shirts but no ice. Since the new "reasonable amount" rules went into effect I check the cooler thru with the porters. Once its in the cabin the steward keeps it loaded with ice. At the end of the cruise I collapse the cooler and pack it in my fold over.
Dan

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

Princess Jul:: All I can tell you about taking soda pops on the ship is if you send them through the check in luggage then there is usually no problems. I have been on 3 carnival ships and have carried my cokes in my carry on,
no problems. With the EXCEPTION of my cruise on the Celebration in Jan 2004, I was with my 2 sisters and neice. We were like you and decided to take a small suitcase and put all our cokes in it and I was then going to use it later. When it went through the xray machine they pulled us to the side and said we could not take but 1 six carton each on board. I tried to explain to them that they belong to the 4 of us.
There was nothing to do but they made us empty it out then we switch some of our clothes in our carry on and had to put the 6 paks in our own suitcases. It was on the border of making me mad, because I had called them to make sure what we could do before we got on the ship. Oh well still had a great cruise. Good luck..Sharon

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

©Carnival Cruise Lines 2004. All rights reserved.

Archived