Back to Back cruises

pommiepom

Hi all,

I am considering doing a back to back cruise this year and was wondering if anyone here has done one? Are they a good idea? Would you do it again? What are the pros and cons?

I really dont know what i want to do....:)

I think it's a great idea. I've never done it but that's only because I can't afford it. If I had the money I would definately do it. One cruise isn't long enough these days. 20 years ago when I cruised on Fairstar the average cruise was about 14 nights and it was not uncommon to get 21 nights. Now the average is only about 9 or 10 with 14 being the max. I say "GO FOR IT"

Karen

I agree with you Karen, my first cruise was 14 nights and it was fantastic. 9 and even 12 nights aren't always long enough, especially 9 nights.

Go for it.

We're doing a back to back in Asia.

On our last cruise we came across some people who were doing a back to back and they had to get off and reboard, so I'd be interested to now if that is still the case.

As one that has done several the best thing is not having to pack on that "last night". You are free to get up when you want. I have done several and are doing two this year. 16+14 on the rotterdam and 25+40 0n the artemis. I have done 16+18 0n the prinsendam, 10+10 on the tahitian princess and 30+28 on the pacific princess. They are a lot of fun.

Archived