forget something?

thefog

DH loves to tell about a cruise (before I came along) that he forgot all his shoes except the ones on his feet of course..He says he had little trouble 'renting' a dress pair for dinner and just made do with what he had...not bad for a guy but OMG..I can't imagine what a panic I'd be in if I ever forgot mine!

My sister forgot to pack her husband's dress shirt for formal night once and spent a mad day in Nassau trying to find a dress shirt to fit her (well over 6 foot tall) husband!

We also sailed with a couple who left for their cruise and left the garment bag with all of their formal wear in it hanging on the closet door! :eek:

Ahhhhhh!

There should be a warning label on this thread!*

*Not recomended reading for anxiety prone, compulsive list-makers, who know no matter how many times they check and re-check their stuff, are sure they forgot something.

Lisa (who, at 18, went to Wildwood, NJ and left all of her bathing suits in the dryer)

I had a nightmare a few weeks ago that I forgot my docs. I woke up in a cold sweat.

LOLOL!! True - that's the only bad thing about GETTING them... now you have to make sure you don't FORGET them!! (or the airline tickets)

:D

I forgot our pass ports once. I had just gotten married and the name on my licience and my name on my tickets were different. At the airport I had to go through a lot of extra security which I totatly understood and was greatful that they even let me pass! As always, we go 1-2 days early to lessen the stress levels before boarding so I had my daughter overnight our passports so that I didn't have any problems with the ship. And twice my hubby forgot his dinner jacket. One time he bought another one before boarding the ship and one time he rented from the ship. PHEW!

Hubby and I are from Canada and were flying out of Bangor Maine as it is within an hours drive from our home. Crossed the border a couple of days before we were to fly out and somehow forgot our passports, airline tickets and cruise tickets in the pocket of the car. We had gotten them out when we crossed the border. Didn't discover they were missing until we were asked for them boarding the plane. It was 5 in the morning and no taxi in sight so we begged the nearest car to take us to our hotel where our car was parked and managed to get back in time for the flight. Needless to say we will never do that again.

Last year left the new suit I bought with the Cruise in mind. Spent couple hundred bucks or so. Fit and looked real good.

In Port Canaveral we zipped into Dillard's and the nicest salesclerk had me in a really nice sportcoat and some pretty nice ties for under $50 bucks.

Altough it wasn't as "formal" as the other suit. I was able to mix and match and not look like a bum. Other half was pleased...Thats what counted..

My bff forgot her green card. At check-in she had to call home to cat sitter to go look through house to find it and then have it faxed down. She just barely got it taken care of and on board before ship left dock. Her husband and 2 kids (who are American citizens) were allowed to get on but not her until her green card was received. Talk about sweating bullets! Good thing she had someone at home that had a key to her house!

Archived