Sorry to gloat,but I'm leaving tomorrow!!!!

Uconnfan

Hi,

Wondering what the shops on the Dawn carry. Do they have personal items in case we forget something?

Also, not sure what time to leave for the port. We live about and hour and 10 minutes away from NYC. I was figuring 11:30. The ship leaves at 4pm. Docs say that they start at 2pm

Tara

Hello from Wallingford... i am not sure of the answer to your ?'s.. we are going on the Dawn in Feb.. Are you just parking at the port? we are considering Metro North.. but not sure how far from the terminal and such the train station is.. anyway.. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.. after you come back there are only 2 departures before it is our turn.. Yeah.. Have a wonderful time and hope you get in some relaxation time.. we could all use that these days..

Cheryl

Hi,

Wondering what the shops on the Dawn carry. Do they have personal items in case we forget something?

Also, not sure what time to leave for the port. We live about and hour and 10 minutes away from NYC. I was figuring 11:30. The ship leaves at 4pm. Docs say that they start at 2pm

Tara

They start embarking once all passengers have disembarked.

Great turnaround!

We usually get to the pier around 11 AM.

Check the webcam in the AM to see when the Dawn arrives.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Are you just parking at the port? we are considering Metro North.. but not sure how far from the terminal and such the train station is.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

My DH & I just returned from the Dawn today.

This is the first time we drove ourselves and parked at the pier. I was afraid of bad weather and wanted to stay independent. In the past, we hired a limo. It was very easy to drive in and park at the pier.

From Wallingford, take the Merritt Parkway which becomes the Hutchinson River Pkwy in NY; bear left onto Cross County Pkwy; exit #2 onto Sawmill river pkwy onto Rte 9A South. Then, the exit will be marked as "Ship Terminal".

You can get door-to-door driving directions at Yahoo maps.

Use "711 12th Ave, New York, NY" for the pier address.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd (ignore the last few lines...your exit will be marked with "Ship Terminal")

It should take you about 1 1/2 hours from Wallingford to pier.

Bon Voyage!

Archived