Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Fort Lauderdale

Izzy Bee

Just made a priceline deal.. Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Fort Lauderdale

Using biddingfortravel, I made several bids using my free bids on areas that didn't have a 4 star and made a snag on this on my 5th bid, $100.00. Great price for our budget.

One less thing to plan!

Hopefully your stay will be better than our friends and ours. We stayed there the day after Thanksgiving. I made my reservations 5 months in advance and no one had the courtesy to inform us they were doing renovations...nothing related to hurricane repairs. Just to forewarn you:

They DO NOT offer any free shuttle to or from the airport or to the port. It was $20 from the airport and about $15 to the port. Another friend staying at a local Best Western had better service. Even the Super 8 offers free shuttle service. The pool and pool bar were not in use and they would shuttle you over to a local hotel to use theirs. Our friends stayed 4 days before the cruise were awakened every morning at 7 am straight up by the construction noise. They asked to move to the other side of the hotel. We were given a room in the new wing of the hotel, not in the main tower. We had outside access, had to walk over and roll our luggage over dirt, gravel and sewage spills. Our room had a tile floor throughout...NO carpet anywhere! The funniest and worse part was the bathroom...the toilet paper is unreachable..it was literally 5 feet across the room!! We laughed about that so hard! It was only 1 night but we complained that for $117, this was unacceptable. The hotel restaurant is on the expensive side so we shared a large meal. Still waiting to see if we can get a partial refund for our hotel stay.

Teresa

It's nearing the end of a multi-million dollar renovation. You did not say when you'll be staying there, hopefully the work will be completed before you arrive.

Your Priceline bid is a great price. It's a beautiful resort situated on 22 acres of lush gardens and a marina with multi million dollar yachts. The pool is gourgeous with the largest hot tub I've ever seen. If the resort is half as nice after the renovations as it was before the renovations its going to be a tough property to get on P-Line. The onsite restaurant Grill 66 is quite noteworthy and worth splurging on. ;)

Thank you, Thank you! We are staying there April 21-22. I had been checking prices on line and this price was hard to beat. We will take a taxi from FLL or rent a car, unsure at this point but we are cruising out of Miami and this price was perfect for us.

Another person in our group went to priceline after me and got the same price.

Izzy Bee, By April the renovations should be complete. People on these boards like the tower rooms so that they can see Port Everglades. I prefer the Lanai Rooms where I can walk out of my room into the gardens and take a dip in the pool without having to take an elevator to the lobby to the pool.

Give us a review on the boards when you return. I think your going to really enjoy the Pier 66. (Don't miss taking the water taxi for a spin, it stops at the Hyatt's marina)

Archived