Phoenix/Sky Harbor Question

gumballz

For anyone familiar with Sky Harbor and the surrounding area.......can you recommend a nice SAFE long term parking lot with free shuttle to and from the airport? Would it be better for us to park at the airport itself and if so, which lot?

Our flight leaves at about 6:30 A.M. and our returning flight arrives around 9 P.M. so we'll need a lot that's open very early in the morning and can accommodate our return as well.

What kind of fees should we expect to pay? We were going to do the 'Shuttle U' from Prescott to the airport, but they can't get us there early enough for our flight.:(

If anyone knows of another option, I'm open to hear it!

Thanks!

With a flight that early in the morning, I'd find a hotel near the airport that would let me leave my car there for the duration of the cruise, for the price of staying there the night before the cruise. We do that in Chicago quite often. Courtyard by Marriott and Doubletree Club are two chains that provide this service.

http://www.parksleepfly.com is one website to find hotels that offer this.

At http://www.pnf.com you can find off-ste parking lots near the airport.

Totally agree with above post. You'll have to be at the airport no later than 5:30 a.m., that means you have to be up and on the road pretty early.

If you can, look for a park, sleep, and fly hotel. It could be cheaper than parking at Sky Harbor, which had a price increase a few months back.

The hotel idea is a good one, especially since you have to drive from Prescott. I am in the same situation-100+++ miles to Sky Harbor and early flights are a real bummer.

If you do drive, I love Sky Harbor Parking. Clean vans, always have a coupon on their website for a discount. 24 hour service, right off the 202, south on 40th St, just after the RR tracks, right hand side of the road. With coupon, usually $5.00 per day. I park there at LEAST twice a month.

http://www.skyharborairportparking.net/

Thank you for all your replies!

We're still trying to decide which route to take. I think we're going to stay in Phoenix the night before our flight, but we're not sure if we want to book a hotel and then find a parking garage/lot for our vehicle for the week or if we want to do what Andee suggested and stay at a hotel that allows us to leave our car there.

If we decide to book our own and then leave our vehicle at a garage/lot that charges per day, do we need reservations or do we just drive up and tell them what we want? Also, do we pay in advance or when we pick up the vehicle?

Thanks!

Thank you for all your replies!

We're still trying to decide which route to take. I think we're going to stay in Phoenix the night before our flight, but we're not sure if we want to book a hotel and then find a parking garage/lot for our vehicle for the week or if we want to do what Andee suggested and stay at a hotel that allows us to leave our car there.

If we decide to book our own and then leave our vehicle at a garage/lot that charges per day, do we need reservations or do we just drive up and tell them what we want? Also, do we pay in advance or when we pick up the vehicle?

Thanks!

I always go to the Sky Harbor Parking website and make a reservation. Don't really know what good it does, as you simply drive into the lot and take a parking ticket, then find your own space. At that lot, you pay when you leave.

If you are considering the hotel, find one that allows you to park for the time you are gone. Saves the hassle of checking out of the hotel, loading all the luggage, driving to the lot, unloading all the luggage, just to have to schlepp it on a van and unload it again. Heck, I do logisitics planning for a living and the hotel/separate lot idea is a lot of extra work and energy.

Hi! We live in Surprise and we always use PCA - Premier Parking

They have a big lot and the prices are good, you can print a coupon from their website. We have left our trucks there many times and no problem and they are open 24 hours. Good Luck!!

4040 E. Van Buren Street

Phoenix, AZ 85008

(602) 286-9212

PCA-Phoenix is conveniently located just a few minutes from the Sky Harbor Airport Terminals. The lot is at the intersection of Van Buren and 40th Streets.

Have any of you ever stayed at, or heard anything about, the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport? That's one of the hotels offered through parksleepfly.com. It would be cheaper to stay there and leave our vehicle there but if it's not a nice place or safe I'd rather stay somewhere else and pay to park somewhere else for the week.

Thanks!

Have any of you ever stayed at, or heard anything about, the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport? That's one of the hotels offered through parksleepfly.com. It would be cheaper to stay there and leave our vehicle there but if it's not a nice place or safe I'd rather stay somewhere else and pay to park somewhere else for the week.

Thanks!

My neighbor stays there everytime he flies (about 6 times a year). He has stated the park/stay option is "one of the best deals he has found at the airport". He is pretty picky, and a total neat freak. IF there was anything wrong with the hotel, I would have heard about it. His wife is my best friend.

Also, reviews are good.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-365961-prod-hotel-action-read-ratings_and_reviews-i-sortorder-4

Thank you everyone for your help/advice!

I have another question that might sound silly. When I reserve on www.parksleepfly.com is the price they quote the total price or do I have to pay more when I check out of the hotel? I ask because this is in the FAQ's:

How and when do I pay?

To secure your room,you pay a reservation fee per room now on-line, and the balance upon check-out at the hotel. The per room reservation fee will be credited to your account and deducted from your bill at check out. If you change your dates of travel, do so directly with the hotel and the per room reservation fee paid will still be credited upon check-out. In addition, the per room reservation fee is REFUNDABLE IF YOU PROVIDE NOTICE DIRECTLY TO ParkSleepFly.com via email, within 48 hours prior to your check-in date. There is a separate $4.99 non-refundable processing fee for each transaction

Thank you everyone for your help/advice!

I have another question that might sound silly. When I reserve on www.parksleepfly.com is the price they quote the total price or do I have to pay more when I check out of the hotel? I ask because this is in the FAQ's:

How and when do I pay?

To secure your room,you pay a reservation fee per room now on-line, and the balance upon check-out at the hotel. The per room reservation fee will be credited to your account and deducted from your bill at check out. If you change your dates of travel, do so directly with the hotel and the per room reservation fee paid will still be credited upon check-out. In addition, the per room reservation fee is REFUNDABLE IF YOU PROVIDE NOTICE DIRECTLY TO ParkSleepFly.com via email, within 48 hours prior to your check-in date. There is a separate $4.99 non-refundable processing fee for each transaction

Don't know EXACTLY what you are paying or when you are traveling, but looking on the park/sleep/fly website, it looks like booking directly on the hotel website gives almost the same price. And you are not going through a third party.

I just picked arbitrary dates, Feb. 23/24 with 8 days parking, got a price of $189.00 for 2 people one room + $4.99 transaction fee. Deposit was $16.49 + $4.99 transaction fee for a total of $21.48. If I read the page correctly, your room will be $189.00 (and probably Phoenix hotel taxes on top of that) MINUS your $16.49 deposit. If you cancel you will NOT get your $4.99 refunded.

On the hotel website for the same dates, it was $199.00, so only $5.00 more. And I bet if you call the hotel, you may get it even cheaper. At least you don't have a third party involved in your hotel reservations.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/c/1/content/dec/teaser/cp/1/en/lp/parkfly.html?rateCode=IKPNF

Hope this was helpful.

Archived