Need opinions on Soto's Cruises

eastwood1fam

My husband and I will be in GC in Feb and want to see the the stingrays. I've heard its a must see! I've looked at all the different excursions company's and can't decide. Soto's however is early enough in the day that we could sit on a beach for awhile and maybe even do some shopping!!! Any opinions out there? Thanks for your replies.

We went with Soto's in June, and we had a great experience. we had a party of 21 on the boat, and everyone ages 4-57 had a great experience. We all got to feed the rays, got to kiss a stingray for luck, and the guides provided us with a stingray back massage. I would not hesitate to use Soto's.

We used Soto's 2 yrs ago and enjoyed the personal attention and small group. They pick you up at the pier and return you afterwards. They were very aware of ship's schedules, etc. so it was very stress free. We'll be using them again this year. We saw the ship tours and were glad we chose Soto's. They actually beat the large groups to the hot spots. By the time the ship tours got there we were done and ready to move to the next one.

Since it's a 2 hour tour-how much actual time are you in the water? Isn't the drive to the boat 1/2 hour?

thanks for any input I too have reserved with Soto's . Our ship is in GC only till 2pm so I didn't want to chance it and sign up for a 2 and 1/2 or longer tour.

We just returned from the 1/3 Coral Princess cruise through the Panama Canal and used Soto Cruises on 1/10. There were 8 in our party and about 12 others on the boat with us. They picked us up at the appointed time and took us to their well-equiped boat. One couple was late off the tender but apparently called the phone number provided and the van went back for them. Even with that, our tour left at 9:30 as planned. Plus, I thought it was nice that Sotos didn't just leave this couple stranded. (Be sure to get the ealiest tender available...it can be very crowded!)

It does take about 1/2 hour to get to the first snorkling spot. You have about 20 minutes here. It takes just a few additional minutes to get to the Stingray Sandbar and they give you 1/2 hour there. It is truly awesome! The guides "catch" the stingrays for you and show you how to hold them and pet them. Then they give you squid to feed them. It was very memorable.

We liked the fact that it was only a 2-hour tour, because after they drop you back in town, there is plenty of time for shopping. (The line for tendering back to the ship can take some time, so plan accordingly.)

I highly recommend Soto Cruises; they are well worth the $30.

Archived