Enough time for Rum Point???

Lisa5960

I will be in GC on 2/15 on CCL Inspiration from 7am until 2pm. Considering that I probably won't be off the ship until at least 8am, and I will have to be back for the tender no later than 1:30pm...... DO I have enough time to rent a jeep, drive out to Rum Point, enjoy it for a little while, and get back to the ship???? .... or is there no "point" to even attempting to do this?

You probably have enough time. I think it took us 45 minutes or so to drive there. Rum point was very crowded though. The parking lot was crowded with rental cars, and there were tour boats docked.

It's really a pretty place, and the drive is nice. You will be turning to the right, and going away from where all the traffic is. In fact, there wasn't really any traffic to speak of that direction.

If you have a car, and are looking for a nice gift shop (with lots of local things), look for Pure Art. It's about a mile or so from the port. It's on your left as you are heading toward Rum Point. It's a house that's been converted into a shop. The side of the shop faces the street you are on (I wish I had my map with me), and the front faces a side street.

It's really neat and not crowded at all. It's really too far to walk, and the owner told me they don't get a lot of cruise ship passengers unless they have car.

Archived