Inside or Oceanview on TP

bostoncruisergirl

We've been on two of her sisters, both Pacific Princess (new), and Oceania's Regatta.

On PP we had a balcony, #6051, and it was very nice. On Regatta, we had an outside, #4031, and it was fine. We did peek into an inside, and they were basically same layout, without the window.

Neither were particularly roomy, but certainly were adequate, in our opinions.

of course, the final choice is yours, but my husband and i were on the

TP last June and had a balcony. We enjoyed it very much. We kept the sliding door open at night and enjoyed the sounds of the ocean all 10 days. As a matter of fact, my wallpaper on my computer is a pic of my husband out there reading with a glass of wine. It was fabulous. We loved it so much, we will have another balcony on our next TP cruise Jan '07. If you can swing it, BOOK THE BALCONY, next i would say the outside room and then the inside. You will love it whichever room you get.

I agree, book the balcony. We just got back from the TP Dec. 20th sailing. It's worth the extra money because of the fabulous views of the islands (especially Bora Bora). I saw some of the inside cabins and wondered "why bother?". Go for the view!!

I did the TP in November with 2 other people and we stayed in an inside cabin. It was not my choice but more cost effective for those I was traveling with. The inside cabin was fine for us and had plenty of storage for us and our stuff. I slept on an upper bunk and the bed was fine though the pillows are awful. We managed just fine juggling bathroom time. I'm not fond of completely dark rooms, I enjoy having sunlight in the morning but this cabin was fine. And like everyone says, you don't spend a ton of time in your room. Though, if it were my choice I would have liked a window for the morning sun and to see what's outside during scenic cruising if I'm in the room getting ready or something.

• 2 weeks later...

We usually book an inside. The lower cost allows us to cruise more often. We do not spend much time in the cabin. On our March 20th cruise, Princess had a pricing deal where insides and outsides were the same price. So we have booked an outside. We are hoping the curtains work well as we love the dark when in the cabin.

Archived