Curacao 8-8. What to do?

aggiemom11

13 hours ago, aggiemom11 said:

Where do you go with the rental car?   Need ideas

As Duanerice1 said, read the threads as there is plenty of information on here.  Playa Piskado for the turtles, Playa Grote Knip are just 2 of our gorgeous beaches here.  Rent the car in advance, make sure you get GPS as alot of roads are not marked here. 

If you are not comfortable driving, check out Back to Nature Private Jeep Tours for a totally different experience.  Tell Gina Bridget M. sent you - I don't work for them but have had the best tour ever with them - and I live here!

22 hours ago, bup1224 said:

As Duanerice1 said, read the threads as there is plenty of information on here.  Playa Piskado for the turtles, Playa Grote Knip are just 2 of our gorgeous beaches here.  Rent the car in advance, make sure you get GPS as alot of roads are not marked here. 

If you are not comfortable driving, check out Back to Nature Private Jeep Tours for a totally different experience.  Tell Gina Bridget M. sent you - I don't work for them but have had the best tour ever with them - and I live here!

Hey, question for you as a local - I was going to post a thread on it, but I don't know if a non-local would know how to answer this.  Is there anywhere in Willemstad within walking distance from the cruise terminal that one might be able to find Trini food?  Roti, doubles, etc.  Google searches have been less than helpful - I saw a New York Times piece that mentioned a place a bit off the beaten path, but the address they gave doesn't show up on Google Maps.  Thanks !

11 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Hey, question for you as a local - I was going to post a thread on it, but I don't know if a non-local would know how to answer this.  Is there anywhere in Willemstad within walking distance from the cruise terminal that one might be able to find Trini food?  Roti, doubles, etc.  Google searches have been less than helpful - I saw a New York Times piece that mentioned a place a bit off the beaten path, but the address they gave doesn't show up on Google Maps.  Thanks !

I don't know of any within walking distance.  What's the name of the place you read about - I am happy to look it up for you and see where it is.

1 hour ago, bup1224 said:

I don't know of any within walking distance.  What's the name of the place you read about - I am happy to look it up for you and see where it is.

They called it Indian Surinam Food, surely not Trini, but they did mention they serve roti. The address was Maanstraat 3, Punda but when I plugged that into Google Maps, it didn't seem to even recognize the street name. 

12 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

They called it Indian Surinam Food, surely not Trini, but they did mention they serve roti. The address was Maanstraat 3, Punda but when I plugged that into Google Maps, it didn't seem to even recognize the street name. 

It's not there anymore.  The closest as of right now in Punda would be Bali Mixed Asian, which does have Roti.  They are in Punda and the address is Windstraat 19-23.  I have not been there but some of our friends have and said it is good.  

3 hours ago, bup1224 said:

It's not there anymore.  The closest as of right now in Punda would be Bali Mixed Asian, which does have Roti.  They are in Punda and the address is Windstraat 19-23.  I have not been there but some of our friends have and said it is good.  

Thanks so much for the info and the tip - you are incredibly helpful !!  Have a wonderful day...

1 hour ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Thanks so much for the info and the tip - you are incredibly helpful !!  Have a wonderful day...

My pleasure - feel free to message me on here if you have any more questions.