We leave for Hong Kong-Bangkok 3 weeks from today!

njbhbb

Anxious to hear from anyone who has been to this area recently. How was the cruise, any likes or dislikes, rough seas, etc.! This will be our 3rd Oceana cruise. We have a group on the Yahoo message board 2/5/2006, join us if you are going too!

No, my biggest concern is not Bird Flu, pickpockets, scammers, being run over by bicycles in Viet Nam....

My biggest concern is:

Where are we going to watch the Superbowl????

Here are the possibilities I've have come up with so far:

1. On the ship - If it's on, I say we have a jammy Superbowl party. It starts at 6:00 a.m. Monday, Hong Kong time.

2. At the Amercan Chamber of Commerce of Hong Kong Superbowl party: http://www.amcham.org.hk/events/sp_060206_superbowl.html

3. At a local sports bar: http://www.skitzbar.com

Please tell me I am not the only one bonkers enough to be concerned about this.

Rich

My biggest concern is:

Where are we going to watch the Superbowl????

Please tell me I am not the only one bonkers enough to be concerned about this.

Rich

Rich,

I don't know about bonkers... However, I doubt you'll be surprised that this hasn't crossed mine or Jeff's minds.... :eek:

Joe

P.S. Sure a lot of dog avatars in this group. Scottsdale Cruisers are dog lovers too! We need a cruise line that will pamper our pups too! :D

My husband would be in favor of watching the game somewhere. As for me, it is o.k. if we do and o.k. if we don't. We leave two weeks from Friday. When should we be expecting our final documents from Oceania?

Phyl P.

Hi Phyllis,

The posts I've seen regarding documents are 2-3 weeks generally before departure. I asked our travel agent about his a couple weeks ago. She didn't have the answer.

Since we are not using cruise line air, I'm not so concerned. It's not like you are going to be denied boarding. However, it really is a cool day when they arrive!!

Cheers,

Joe & Jeff

I e-mailed Oceania and received the following response. Not exactly an answer IMHO.....:confused:

Greetings:

Each stateroom and suite is equipped with a remote controlled, 20” color television with the following programming:

Daily Activity Channel

Destination Information Channel

The National Network (TNN)

Cable News Network (CNN)

Satellite TV (subject to availability)

You will have a program guide available to you in your stateroom and you may find the Super Bowl on the satellite channels if the ship is able to pick up the station or has access to the station. It is not guaranteed that the satellite channels will pick up the game, however.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you aboard.

Sincerely,

Oceania Cruises

www.OceaniaCruises.com

Your World. Your Way.

We are doing the Documents Dance in Portland!!! 18.gif04.gif

After bit of a panic last night that we had lost our passports (a forgotten NEW hiding place....) we are now ready to GO GO GO!!!

Next stop - Hong Kong!!

Joe & Jeff

My gosh, Joe and Jeff, that would be a panicky passport problem!! So glad you found them. I know what you mean about not being able to focus at work. How can I work when my mind is in Hong Kong???!!! Glad you got your documents, too. Something about getting them makes it official. We leave Des Moines on Feb. 3 and will be staying at the Marco Polo just one night. So, SEE YOU IN HONG KONG!!!

Norm and Phyllis P.

Archived