Looking to hire a private driver

heatheranderson13

I have seen before people post who they have hired for the day when they are in on a cruise.  Has anyone hired a taxi for the day here? If so did you just do it when you got off the boat or in advance.  Any advice on how to do this would be great and what are must do's and any idea on cost.  TIA

On 10/29/2018 at 2:22 PM, Caribbean4me said:

Contact Kitson Howe through Facebook messenger.  His phone is 268-785-6071.  He quoted me pricing for a private island tour for 2.

Thank you I have done so...his facebook says he started a new job.  Did you use him for a tour? do you know anyone has

Kitson Howe has been recommended many times for tours. Although we never used him, he was very responsive on FB messenger. 

We ended up booking a Beach Hop tour through Lawrence of Antigua and were very pleased with the service we received. Basically we had a private driver for the day for 3 of us and I think the cost was $50/pp

• 4 weeks later...

Private Driver/Guide Review:

We had hired “Lawrence of Antigua” for a semi-private (shared with another couple from our roll call) / customized tour for the day (island and beach).  From our email correspondence, we made a plan, etc.etc.  When we arrived at port, our “private excursion” was now a general tour bus with 2 other couples from a different ship.  Our “custom” plans were discarded and discouraged and we did not do all that he listed on his island tour.  

At our final stop (Valley Church Beach), Lawrence picked up another family of four (more income for him) to take back to the port.

Although we enjoyed our day, we would not hire Lawrence again due to these occurrences.

Here is our blog review of the day:

https://baskeytravels.com/antigua/

Heather