Havensight port to Charlote Amalie?

Kmack

I am a bit confused about the following - I verified with our cruise line and we are docking at West Indian Company pier which is in Havensight.

On a map - it looks like Havensight is separate from Charlotte Amalie. Is it walkable or are you supposed to take a taxi from there?

Would it be advisable to see the island in the following order?:

Taxi to Coki World/Coki Beach

Taxi to Sapphire Beach

Taxi to Charlotte Amalie

Walk/Taxi back to Havensight Port (how long would this take?)

And is all this do-able in 8 hours?

Theoretically you can walk it. There is a paved path along the bay and it is supposed ot be pretty. However I wouldn't. There are taxis/shuttles running constantly between the dock and downtown for about $3 each way. After walking all over Haversight, then downtown, I would not want to make the walk back. Especially carrying lots of packages.

The rest of your questions, I really do not know.

Thanks for the quick responses! Now that we've got our areas of interest picked out - figuring out the best way to get to them is what we are trying to figure out.

I posted a new thread regarding this - but maybe I can ask you here as well - would you recommend trying to find a good touring company to see the places I mentioned? Or is it better to do by ourselves with Taxi/Dollar Rides? Do the tour companies give you enough time? I feel like you will be stuck on their time schedule and I have found that they never cover all the places we would like to see....it seems like one or the other beach is included...but not the ones we want to see.

Archived