Serenity Decks WITH a pool

amyj23

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Did you mean a different ship?  Vista doesn’t have a pool in the Serenity area. 

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

If fun in the sun is desirable bear in mind that the first and last sea days on the Pride in winter are typically too chilly for laying out.

Carnival_Pride_Serenity_Adult-Only_Retre

Oops meant the aft pool , we turned into an adult pool on the Vista, tried the Serenity but got way to hot up there.

Took our chances with aft and it worked out pretty good.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:11 PM, amyj23 said:

Hello all,

After our last cruise on the Vista, I told my husband I'd never go on another cruise without an adults only pool.... No need for that to become a debate in this thread. I'm simply stating what my criteria is for our next cruise.... I thought based on that we would be done cruising with Carnival and we'd be moving over to Viking Ocean cruises. But as I'm starting to research for our cruise next year, I think I've found that there are a few Carnival Serenity decks that have pools! I DID know about the pool on the Sunshine and that pool looks amazing. But I started really digging and I need to know if I am correct that in addition to the Sunshine, the Miracle, Pride, and Legend also have a pool in their Serenity area? Some of the pictures I saw may not be up to date. So hopefully people who have recently been on these ships can confirm. Although I've read some threads that state there are adults only pools on some ships (that are NOT in the Serenity area), I'm not willing to take the risk that we'll book on one of those ships, and then Carnival will change the policy before we sail. We're platinum and like the perks that come along with it on Carnival, plus, Carnival usually is the best value, so we'd love to be able to find a few ships that still work for us with them! Any info anyone has is much appreciated!

You might check out Royal Caribbean.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, where I am.  I have been on AOTS and VOTS and both had adult pools. Others might as well. 

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Your best bet to guarantee you'll have a kid free pool, along with no chair hogs, would be to sail on the Panorama, Horizon or Vista in the Havana area, but I will infer that you had a bad time on the Vista.  Would have been a great time if you had the forethought to book a Havana cabin.  After 19 times cruising Carnival, it's the only way I will cruise with them in the future, including #20 doing the southern route on the Horizon in August.

Although pool time would have been better, I don't like the "balconies" on the Havana deck. I prefer having a regular balcony with privacy and nothing obstructing the view to the ocean. Luckily through this thread I've learned that I still have a bunch of ships to choose from with an adults only pool! 

Okay, I'm editing this post. I see now where you later said that there are regular balconies for the Havana deck. That's great! Definitely food for thought if there's an itinerary one of those ships offer that we just can't pass up!

Edited by amyj23

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Oops meant the aft pool , we turned into an adult pool on the Vista, tried the Serenity but got way to hot up there.

Took our chances with aft and it worked out pretty good.

I figured it may be too cool to get in a pool near Baltimore in November. But luckily we may get a hot tub without children snorkeling in them......

That's so funny that the adults commandeered the aft pool when you were there! It's too bad there is such little pool space on such a large ship! It shouldn't have to be so difficult....

Just to update you all.... Yesterday I brought up the 11/3/19 14 day on the Pride to my husband and the other couple we're traveling with, and we all loved it so much we pulled the trigger today. We're ok with the adult soup. LOL. Since it's a 14 day cruise, that alone will mean less children... After our 14 day in 2015, I told my husband I'd never go on any cruise for less than 14 days again. Well, last time we booked (2017), the only Journeys cruises were either booked or didn't have the cabin that we wanted. So we opted for a B2B. I'm excited to see that Carnival has added TONS of Journeys cruises now. We had plenty to choose from for our time frame. And luckily most of the ships also contained adult only pools. We're really excited! Thanks for all your advice!