Questions about Xpeditions

Kamper

Hi, This is my first time to post but, I have been lurking for some time. (To be truthful I am not a cruiser but, I am a travel agent.) I have really enjoyed reading all of the threads about the Xpedition Galapagos cuise. Excellent information, insights and excitement. I have just booked the Nov. 5th 11 night option. WOOHOO! I have a few questions that I hope some of you veterans can answer.

We are using FF miles on Continental arriving on Thursday night.

Did anyone else besides Frankpc use the Marriott shuttle? Was your experience also positive?

For those of you that arrived early, did they put you in the block of rooms with the other Celebrity cruisers? When and where did you meet up with the Celebrity reps?

We will have two days to do tours on our own. What was the market at Otavalo like? Since we wouldn't be going on the actual market day (Saturday) I was worried it will just be tourists. We have been to the market in Pisac, Peru and I was kind of disappointed with it because, the majority of it is set up for tourists.

I'm also considering a tour on Monday (after the cruise) to the Cotopaxi National Park for some hiking. Did anyone do this?

I know the ship provides walking sticks but, did anyone take their own? I have a set of telescoping poles that I use for hiking (bad ankels) that I'm really comfortable with.

If you are a diver and you did OR did not please tell me about your experience or why you chose not too. I'm not a big cold water fan (I wear a full suit diving Cozumel) but, I will cowgirl up if it sounds worth it.

What guide books and/or field guides do you recommend for the Galapagos? Did the ship's library land and marine guides?

Any Quito restaurant recommendations? My DH is allergic to seafood (leaves more for me;) ).

Did they have yougert at breakfast on board? It's what I usually eat and I find that my stomach behaves better when it fuel up with what it's use to.

That's it (for now).

Archived