Library on the Dawn?

dawn Feb 2

Just wanted to say I started reading a new author, Alisa Allan, recommended by some on another board. Perfect for cruising, all the stories feature a cruise. You can read about them at http://www.BonVoyageBooks.com . If you do a search you can find them mentioned on other boards.

Sorry I can't answer your question specifically, but just thought I'd mention them to you, sounds like you'll have some relaxing time.

I've been on the Dawn and you'll have a wonderful time, enjoy.

Yes, you can take books out of the library- at certain times (posted in the Freestyle Daily). During off hours, the room is open, but the books are locked behind glass doors- you can look but not touch! I found the collection adequate for a 10 day cruise. By "vacation-type books" do you also mean travel books (tourist advice by country, etc)? They have a small selection of these, which can be helpful if a port is suddenly changed due to weather. Enjoy your cruise!

I've always taken my own but I'm just curious for those that have used the library. I guess if you don't finish before you leave, you have to buy it anyway at home? Or check it out at home library?

That's why I always take my own, never know how much I'll get into a book or how much time I'll actually read. I get the perfect books to take and sometimes they are never opened, sometimes I read 2 complete novels. Guess you never know.

Him

I was surprises about the interesting collection of books (I read very fast an a lot). Not the often available collection of "bargain-books" and "left-overs" from other guests.

The library is nice equipped (of course - most books in english, but an remarkable number of german, french and italian books)

Wendy

I would feel more comfortable going to a bookstore and buying something i know i would love to read..... i would also know its okay to get sand/water on it and not feel bad.... and i would'nt worry about finishing with with all the activitys going on around me!

I am an avid reader and always take a book on every vacation with me. I'm often known to have a book in my purse that I can whip out to read at anytime I'm just waiting for something. However, I've never been able to read more than a page or two on a cruise. Too many other things going on and I can't seem to get settled into reading.

I have been in the libraries on the different NCL ships we've been on, and have been impressed with the number of books as well as the inviting surroundings to sit and read in.

Have fun!

Hikini

Archived