Entertainers I Miss

67Miner

21 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Back in the 90s Celebrity used to have an excellent male singer sort of like Tom Jones or Englebert Humperdinc and he  did double duty.  At the time Celebrity in the summer had two ships going to Bermuda every week, one would leave on Saturday and return the following Saturday and the other other would leave on Sunday's returning on Sunday.  He would go to Bermuda on Sunday, do his shows, switch ships, do the shows on the other ship on the return and arrive in NYC on Saturday.   I think he is still around, perhaps someone knows his name. 

I do remember a female singer who surprised a lot of people with one selection of a song.  Shortly after  the Titanic Movie came out we did a Caribbean trip  and she actually sang "my Heart will go on."   Some actually complained, people are funny.

On our last cruise we saw the group "Summer of 63" doing Frankie Valli and  Four Seasons, I know they have been on other ships and are very good.  

Mario D'Andrea or Dan Tanner are the singers I remember who did Tom Jones and Englebert.

2 hours ago, blueboro said:

There was an Elvis impersonator on HAL named Joel Mason who was excellent.  I think he may have moved to X at one time but not sure if he is still out there.

Sorry, I should have said Elton John impersonator.  And I too remember Sipra...they were the best band we have ever seen on a cruise

Edited by blueboro