Miami Boarding

Hardale

Just follow the signs or ask one of the several RCI representatives who will be there to assist you. Drop your luggage off with the porters and then proceed into the terminal building and up the escalator. From there, as I said previously, follow the signs. We have usually checked in and boarded quite quickly in Miami and unless there is a delay in disembarking last week's passengers, you should not have any problems.

Miami is so far my favorite place to sail out of. Like another poster said go up the escalator and a rep usually greats you at the top of the stairs and directs you where to go. Once through security the check-in counter was there was by floor. Priority for suite passengers is all the way at the other end of the check in desk. It's a long desk :D We opted to stop at deck 10 rather then walk further for priority boarding as no one was in line at the time. (11:30). Enjoy your cruise.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Went out of Miami last April boarding was the smoothest we ever had.It was our 4th cruise .I didn't think it was much different than checking in to a hotel,also if you have a choice and show up around 1:00 last week paasengers should be long gone.Last April it took us longer to get from the hotel to the port than it did to board the ship and we were only a mile away.

Thanks for the information. I had a previous RCCL boarding experience in 2002 that was, well, a nightmare and I had hoped things would go smoothly this April. One follow up question - that last nightmare in '02 I was also booked in a suite and was able to merge my way through a staggering crowd to find the priority check in desk. But as soon as I was checked in, they directed me back into a very long line to have pictures taken (linked to the SeaPass for boarding) and then immediately after stepping on the ship it was time for another line to get the bracelets for the children. Any improvement on this?

We are leaving out of Miami and I am curious about our luggage.

We are going to be dropped off at the port with our luggage. What happens to our luggage during check in? Do we keep it with us and carry it in ourselves? I don't want it being thrown in the huge pile of other luggage because we have had too much damage to our luggage that way. Any info would be great.

I have never seen anybody bringing luggage on board other than carry ons. You will have to give it to the porters at the curb and be sure to tip (tipping the porter will also help in your luggage not getting damaged) and yes it will be put on to a cart with others. If you want to lessen the chance of damage to your good luggage bring a suitcase you won't mind the porters handling. In my experience your luggage will get more damage from flying than from the cruise porters. Enjoy...

We are leaving out of Miami and I am curious about our luggage.

We are going to be dropped off at the port with our luggage. What happens to our luggage during check in? Do we keep it with us and carry it in ourselves? I don't want it being thrown in the huge pile of other luggage because we have had too much damage to our luggage that way. Any info would be great.

Unless all your luggage is small enough to go through the X-ray machine, just like at the airport, you have to check it with the porters. If your luggage is small enough (think airline carry on requirement size) you can carry it all with you, but if it isn't they will make you take it back downstairs and outside and check it with the porters.

Thanks for the luggage info. I don't have a problem checking it with the porters. I have just had transport from the airport and have seen them literally throw my luggage into a huge pile of other luggage in a truck.

Thanks for the luggage info. I don't have a problem checking it with the porters. I have just had transport from the airport and have seen them literally throw my luggage into a huge pile of other luggage in a truck.

Whatever valuables you have in there, you might want to rethink. It still goes into a large rolling rack, into a truck, with other people's luggage, and then off to security. You won't see your luggage probably until later that night/afternoon.

Anything of value should be kept in your carry-on, in the event they lose the luggage, which rarely happens, but is possible.

The porter does not take your individual luggage to the ship. It has to go through security. Which I am not sure is in the same area. At least not in Miami. Ft. Lauderdale seemed to be a bit better, and more of an on site thing.

Archived