Should I be worried, I have no itinerary yet, for my 6-26 sailing date?

junehoneymoon

I know I should be worried, I don't know why I'm even asking. We've checked with Celebrity and we are on board the ship, we just haven't gotten any flight info from our TA yet. We've called, and they said they will overnight them to us when they get them, supposedly from Celebrity. Shouldn't we have that by now?? I don't think Celebrity would wait this long to send out documents!

We had to call Celebrity direct a few weeks back just to find out exactly what day we were leaving.

Since never being on a cruise, what exactly should we be getting? Are we just waiting for flight information? Or should we be getting some other documents that we'll need to board the ship??

Hi there!

YES, you should be worried if you don't get something early this week!!! Usually with Ship provided transportation, documents come about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing. You should get a package with ALL your travel info, ship info, port & shore excursion info, and all your tickets & baggage tags.

Your TA should be on this for you but I wouldn't hesitate to call Celeb directly & ask them when they sent all your info to your TA, they CAN do that!

Hope this helps & have a great cruise!

Rosie
E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

Did your TA give you any flight info at all when you booked? If you at least know the airline, you can just call the airline directly to confirm your flights. Chances are you will have an e-ticket, so you would be able to just show your license or passport when checking in at the counter. The airline could also fax or e-mail you a receipt.

I've been on Celebrity once and RCCL once, and both times we've received a packet of documents, some of which we did need for boarding. I wouldn't go in to panic mode yet, but I would keep on the TA! Good luck!

We actually got our flight info from Celebrity and that was only about a month ago. And as far as I know my fiance only got that we were leaving Fri. instead of Sat. He didn't mention an airline, which is something we were wondering about.

He is calling Celebrity today, and I plan on calling the TA

I received my document 4 weeks before my cruise. Of course, 2 weeks prior to that date, I was on the phone to Celebrity, inquiring about my documents. Combination of the excitement of my first cruise and nervousness of not receiving my docs.

I can make the same suggestion as JNLROSE and one additional suggestion.

As JNL Rose suggests, CALL CELEBRITY NOW! True, you will be doing the job of your TA but they aren't the ones who just spent thousands of dollars on a cruise.

Secondly, GET YOURSELF A NEW TA.

I've never liked this TA from the beginning, but my fiance is a little more trusting and likes to give the benefit of the doubt alot.

I on the other hand am very pessimistic about things when very early on, we couldn't get the TA to respond back to us, only after several calls, and some to the supervisor!

Hmmm, I would call the supervisor again. Looks like your TA is not going to survive in this business for long.

Good luck [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas
July 4, 2004 - Sapphire Princess - Alaska
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;07;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Not always will TA's get those docs as fast as you may want them, especially if there is airline ticketing involved. I have had documents arribe to me as late as 1 week before sailing and I booked directly with the cruiseline ! Cruise only documents USUALLY arrive to TA 4 weeks before sailing but if air is involved, this can delay things.

Curtis...
Waiting patiently for MY ship to come in !!!

Archived