Jogging paths - downtown Fort Lauderdale?

cold in MN

TrentS & Bequia,

Been lurking on this board awhile, and based on your recommendations, have a room at the Renaissance for 1 night pre-cruise April 7th. Thanks for all the great advice you've given regarding this area!

However, I do have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer for on this board. I'll be in the middle of marathon training and am supposed to run 16-18 miles, would MUCH rather do it outside (especially in Fort Lauderdale) than get stuck on the treadmill at the hotel, so am wandering if there are any jogging paths around that area and if they are generally safe (I plan to get up early Sat morning and run).

Would love any information or suggestions regarding this! As always, thanks so much for all your help.

Cold in MN

You could run east along 17th Street (on the sidewalk or bike lane) all the way to Ft Lauderdale Beach and back. It's not quite as many miles as your supposed to run but its safe and scenic. I'd even jog onto the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort property or Lago Mar and run the beach up to Sunrise Blvd. ;)

Archived